cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Screen Sharing access during meetings

EboneCruz
Listener

During meetings that I HOST, I'm unable to share my screen. If I'm on the meeting myself I can share my screen but as soon as a participant jumps on the meeting my screen share access is restricted. 

How do I fix this? 

23 REPLIES 23

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @EboneCruz

Are you a member of a larger account? If so, it could be that your admins have enabled the Disable screen sharing when guests are in the meeting setting, which would prevent you from sharing your screen when guests or un-authenticated users are present. 

I'm the only one on the account.  I'm getting the below error message. (See attachment)

Bort

That message is about security features when scheduling and should not affect your screen sharing settings. What are your screen sharing settings set as? 

see attached screenshot

Bort

The exact setting I mentioned earlier is enabled. Disable the Disable screen sharing when guests are in the meeting option and see if that helps. 

Let me see if I can have someone jump on with me really quickly to see if it works now.  I'll keep you posted. 

This is the error message I'm getting now when a participant is on and I try to share my screen. 

Bort

Are you recognized as the host in the meeting? Check the participants panel and see if it says Host next to your name.

If you're not recognized as the host, please sign-in to your profile on the desktop client and try again.  

I'm the host but, I did log out and log back in after making the change and now I can share my screen when participants are on. 

Thanks for your help!

Bort

Great to hear! Glad I could help! 

Thank you so much for this thread!! I was starting a class this morning and my screen would not allow me to share (I'm the host). This thread just saved me!!  Thank heaven I was able to reschedule the meeting.  Thanks again!!!!  😀

I have the same issue, b ut I don't have any option to disable this setting. do you have any idea for me?

thank you

@Bort where exactly is this setting? It's not under my Screen Share settings, including Advanced. Ty!

Bort

The Disable screen sharing when guests are in the meeting option is on the Settings page of the web portal:  https://zoom.us/profile/setting

It should be found under the In Meeting (Basic) section, just after the Screen sharing option

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 13.27.58.png

Thank you very much!

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

This may be a version miss-match issue. Try making sure you are up-to-date and that everyone joining the meeting is on the same version.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

departament
Listener

SOLVED!

I have the same problem but it is solved now! Try this set up!

Hi,

Where do I find that page to change the settings?

CarolineC
Listener

I have the same issue. I have tried the solutions offered above but it hasn't resolved the issue:(

Christopher9
Listener

I would venture a guess that this is a permissions issue with the latest MacOS's. This same error displays whether I am a host or guest. I have tried all the recommendations above.

Krista58
Listener

I'm having the same issue, I've tried everything as above and it isn't resolved. Zoom support is terrible....

sphigel
Listener

Does anyone know if the "Disable screen sharing when guests are in the meeting" is superseded by any other setting?  We have a situation where two different users have opposite settings for this setting (one enabled, one disabled) yet the setting is greyed out for both users.  We are part of a University that has implemented some enforced Zoom controls for all users, but this wouldn't explain why each user has a different setting for this. 

I'm wondering if there's a different Zoom setting that could be changed which would automatically enable/disable the "Disable screen sharing when guests are in the meeting" setting while simultaneously greying out the setting so it can't be changed.  Google has been no help in this regard.  

Gousebasha
Listener

plz help me seem prablam