cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a trimmed cloud recording

AMB1
Listener

This issue has been resolved! The Zoom Engineers recognized the flaw and restored the original recording. Although the time still shows incorrectly, when you play the recording the entire original plays back. 😀

Update from Zoom!

Euphrosyn Riego (Zoom)

Oct 26, 2021, 10:37 PDT

Hi there, 

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support. I hope this email finds you well at this time. My name is Euphie, and I will assist you with your concern. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue restoring the recorded meeting after trimming it. We have a known problem with the no restore button after trimming the video. Our Engineers are working to resolve this. I have linked your account to this known issue, and once we have an update from our Engineer, I will let you know. 

Kind regards, 
Euphie

I trimmed the video recording by mistake. I am not able to restore to the full recording, but I can see the time of the full recording in the video icon. I do not see any option to restore to the original recording under the trimmed video. The original recording is 1 hour and 12 minutes. I trimmed it to 31 seconds by mistake and cannot find a way to restore the original recording even though it showing in the icon. See screenshot below. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AMB1
Listener

This issue is resolved!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

ElizabHovey
Listener

None of the references I had to 1 hour and 30 minutes remain, only 55 seconds.   I'm glad your system knows something of what you had. 

checkman
Listener

If you open up the page where you edit the video normally, there's a link at the bottom that allows you to restore the previous version of the video.

**** this new interface.

Sorry checkman I can't see where this link is located? What does it look like?

It appears below the window that has the video, at the bottom of the page. It isn't always there.

(When I went back to check, I found out that the traditional way of setting the playback range has returned.)

I would LOL if I wasn't so pee'd off by this new crappy interface. I can't find any link to restore my original length recording and have searched high and low but can't find any reference to it in any of the reams of blah from Zoom Command. Thank you for your help though. I'm glad you've managed to get the old way back - I hope they sort this out soon.
Kind regards, Zoe

OK - Update as there seem to be several threads all trying to find a solution to this problem!

Zoom appear to have reverted back to an earlier version of this feature (as @checkman  ) has mentioned. BUT I still can't find a way to revert back to my original length recording.
@Rupertany ideas?

Reopen the video as if you are going to trim it again. Click on the scissors once again and you should be able to drag sliders back to their original position or a different one if desired.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

'fraid not @ChrisO  ,as by now Zoom had chosen to delete the previous version and replace it with the short one.
At the moment the helpdesk is trying to gaslight me into believing that I'd chosen to delete the original. If that had been the case then I'd have known that there was an option to restore - which I didn't. Hence spending a whole day trying to resolve this issue!
But thank you for your time in trying to help me. Much appreciated.
Kind regards, Z

Hmm, I was able to do it that way. However, my video was not very old and the attempt to restore was within a couple of minutes trying to reproduce your issue.

EADAZA
Listener

@zoe2  I have the same problem.  I recorded an hour long meeting last night and tried to trim the beginning and end of the meeting.  With the new interface I accidentally trimmed the whole recording to just 46 seconds!  I have searched everywhere to try to restore it to it's original version but can't find any help on how to do it!

AMB1
Listener

Update from Zoom:

Euphrosyn Riego (Zoom)

Oct 26, 2021, 10:37 PDT

Hi there, 

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support. I hope this email finds you well at this time. My name is Euphie, and I will assist you with your concern. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue restoring the recorded meeting after trimming it. We have a known problem with the no restore button after trimming the video. Our Engineers are working to resolve this. I have linked your account to this known issue, and once we have an update from our Engineer, I will let you know. 

Kind regards, 
Euphie

I had the same issue yesterday. The new interface was confusing and I inadvertently trimmed most of the video, which was recorded 2 weeks ago so within the 30 days. When the restore/revert button issue is fixed, I would like to know as well. Thanks!

Hi Euphie,

I had the same problem last night and I still can't restore my original video. The new interface is very confusing and as such, I trimmed the stuff that I wanted to keep. I need to send out the recording to my team soon. When will the issue be resolved?

Thanks!

ChrisO
Note Taker

This may or may not work for some of you, but you can see in this video below I simply reopen the cloud recording and click on the scissors a second time to restore the trimmed-off portions. I waited overnight after the original trimming to make sure there was nothing related to how long a trimmed video resided on the cloud.  Good luck!  Restoring trimmed video.

MarloEdwards
Listener

I am having the same issue... I don't usually record my zooms and had never tried to edit one. I tried to do so yesterday (with the "trim" option, not with the "playback range" that has appeared today), and because the interface was so terrible I accidentally deleted the bulk of my 1.5 hour video, saving only the 60 seconds I wanted to delete. The "playback range" sliders don't reveal any of my lost footage and there is no revert button. So, I am also eager to hear from zoom on how we can get our recordings back! As with others, the icon shows the full hour and a half. But the file size is small, reflecting the 60 second trimmed version. Frustrating! I told students attendance at this class was optional because they would be able to watch the recorded version...

HarmoniousJoan
Listener

Well it seems that Zoom has backed out the changes to the Trim feature. I just checked the recording of my Zoom class that finished half an hour ago, and it's back to the old style.  Obviously they realized this new version was not up to snuff. Let's see what happens next! 🙂

zoe2
Listener

Well People Power seems to have worked!
We've got the old way of trimming back; thanks to everyone for flagging this up.
I expect you all had to go through the same frustrating procedure of initial confusion and enquiry.
The worst thing I had to endure was politely telling the BOT where to get off!!
I've just got to wait now for the engineers to hopefully retrieve my missing video.
I'm not holding my breath though!!
🤞

I used a quote from the movie WarGames: "After very careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that your new system sucks."

AMB1
Listener

This issue is resolved!

ElizabHovey
Listener

My problem remains.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/pba41sdbblb9fzu/Screen%20Shot%202021-11-02%20at%2011.15.45%20PM.png?dl=0

It sounds like if you made one mistake in that unfortunate interface, your original recording length  was  acknowledged and it could be recovered with the help of the engineers.  I am happy for all who could be saved.  It seems like I must have panicked and made two mistakes.  My recording has not been depicted as having the correct length for 8 days. 

Therefore, the presentations by two students who planned for weeks and the lengthy discussion of the challenges and conflicts of enforcement of morals laws (1 hour 22 minutes), which I carefully trimmed to 1 hour 17 minutes for the benefit of a single mom student  tending her dying mother, remains 55 seconds of my earliest student looking at her phone.  boo-hoo.

Oh dear. I do feel for you. This is dreadful for your students and must have been an awfully trying time for you as well. I have also been given a retrieved recording from the engineers but am unable to trim it down (I have to remove certain identities), so it too is forever lost.

I think this all goes to show just how reliant we are on the software provided by these companies and how totally powerless we are when it all goes wrong.

I'm not sure any of us made mistakes - we were faced with a new interface which none of us had seen before and which was completely the opposite to that which we were used to.

Let's hope Zoom at least give us notice the next time they decide to change things out of the blue.

Beth_Hentges
Listener

I have this problem as of today 9/8/2022!  Help!

gopalp2
Listener

Hi there i cannot see the restore button - incorrectly trimmed my recording - my recording is still showing that it is being recorded. the scissor option is not available as says my recording is being trimmed. the cloud version when i click on it is showing only the incorrect version!!! how can i restore my original zoom recording.