cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting a basic meeting

HW96
Listener

I am a free -basic user and my meetings are limited to 40 minutes. I am happy with this and usually end after 30 minutes and restart for a further 30.

Lately I am being prevented from starting a new meeting and get a message saying I must wait for nine minutes.  

I have searched the net for changes to the rules and this is not mentioned anywhere. In fact in the zoom blurb it expressly tells me to restart after forty minutes if I need more time. Can anyone enlighten me?

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

This is a somewhat new behavior for the free-basic accounts. If you wish to experience unlimited back-to-back meetings, I encourage you to subscribe to a Zoom One Pro account.

I also have not been able to find any public document describing this behavior, although I have confirmed with Zoom that it is not an error.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Thank you Jeff. The reason I am so reluctant to pay for zoom is that I use it 1-1 for just 7 hours a week. I think I am getting the error message when I finish a lesson after 30 minutes and then  try to start for another 30 making one hour total. 

I wish zoom would give a v bc asic package to people like me. It seems unfair to be charged as much as someone holding meetings for one hundred people. 

Today I will let the forty minutes run down and then see what happens when I try to start again.