cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolving "host is already involved in another meeting"

twade
Listener

The last two Zoom meetings I have hosted have not allowed participants to enter the meeting because they get a message that the host is already involved in a meeting. I schedule the meetings and send the participants the link in an email. I start the meeting a few minutes before the scheduled time, and wait for the participants to enter. When they do not enter, I call and ask why and they tell me the same story--the zoom link tells us the host is already involved in another meeting. Can you tell me why this is happening?

9 REPLIES 9

DrRios
Listener

I am also having this problem. 

easan
Listener

me too from time to time, like this morning.

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

This will happen when a HOST has scheduled overlapping meetings but is currently in one or the other meeting. Just not currently hosting the meeting that you are trying to join.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

This happens frequently with my participants. I go to the scheduled meeting and start it and participants get the "host in another meeting" message even though the only meeting I am in is the one to which I invited them. This seems to be a problem for quite a few of us.

KMW
Listener

Hi twade, you possibly saw my other post.  Whether by coincidence (or just brilliance 😉 )  It seems to have been fixed or I've fixed it.  Here was my solution - if it works for you I'd love to know and so would others.
Go to Personal/settings
Top tab choose "Meeting"
Scroll to the very bottom and you should see "Integration Authentication"   Click "Regenerate"
How/why this seems to have worked I cannot say, but would love to know if this works for you, too.  It's been a very frustrating week!!

philsch617
Listener

I was able to get support on this from Zoom and they found the problem. There's a toggle buried deep in the settings that allows us to start a meeting using our PMID (Personal Meeting ID) and for no apparent reason, mine had been turned off. (Conspiracy theories, anyone?!) Read this:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060842732-Enabling-Personal-Meeting-ID-for-instant-meet...

janetwinter
Listener

This happened to me twice today with clients. They had to send me their zoom links eventually after we wasted a lot of time. It feels very unprofessional. (Only happened since I started paying for zoom!)

LottieT
Listener

Same thing! I had a better service when I got it for free! Seems ridiculous that Zoom don't fix it. I've had clients thinking I am unprofessional because I've double booked. I seem loads of possible fixes suggested by users but I think Zoom must make the fix. How do we get this to happen? Is there a help service?

It’s not a zoom fix except the QUIT button is not prominent. This is a HOST function. There are two things I have to do to ensure my guests can get in. 1. When you sign in look for the tiny button on the bottom left of the screen that says “Keep me signed in”. Unclick it every time…it defaults to this. 2. Most important part. After you leave or “stop meeting for all” go to the upper right corner of the screen and under your initial (or icon) click on it and you’ll see an option to QUIT. Click Quit. I do this every time I quit zoom. I’ve done back to back meetings and do this after the last meeting to quit zoom. This has worked for me for three months now.