cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requiring one security option

tedtheo
Listener

I am trying to disable the "Require that all meetings are secured with one security option" setting but the toggle switch is disabled and gives the message below.  Please advise.

"Per new security guidelines, you cannot change this setting. Please contact Zoom Support for more information."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

That message clearly describes why you and I cannot change that setting. Many of us remember reading headlines about Zoom Hacks or Zoom Bombers, and Zoom's apparent lack of security. Some of it might have been valid, but much of it was due to Zoom Meeting Hosts that simply did not want to be bothered by or put any strain on their attendees in regards to logging-in and securely managing their meetings.

Zoom's response was swift and focused on making things better by way of features, requirements, documentation, and training. The result, a whole lot less issues on a daily basis.

I would encourage you to take a look at the document links below, to help better understand the benefits of a secure meeting.

I am the host of the Zoom Test Kitchen, a group that meets each Friday to discuss, share, and learn the depths of Zoom. Several months back now our meeting was targeted by 5 coordinated folks who showed-up and instantly play audio/video that were sexually explicit.

I admittedly take full responsibility for this event, as I had gotten too comfortable with the group,  I didn't require registration, I turned the Waiting Room off, I allowed Screen Share, and the list goes on. Needless to say, things have been a whole lot better since then, by making several strict changes to the way I manage and secure our meetings.

I hope this helps.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner
Participant | Zoom Partner

You must have at least one security option.

ZoomTestKitchen

That message clearly describes why you and I cannot change that setting. Many of us remember reading headlines about Zoom Hacks or Zoom Bombers, and Zoom's apparent lack of security. Some of it might have been valid, but much of it was due to Zoom Meeting Hosts that simply did not want to be bothered by or put any strain on their attendees in regards to logging-in and securely managing their meetings.

Zoom's response was swift and focused on making things better by way of features, requirements, documentation, and training. The result, a whole lot less issues on a daily basis.

I would encourage you to take a look at the document links below, to help better understand the benefits of a secure meeting.

I am the host of the Zoom Test Kitchen, a group that meets each Friday to discuss, share, and learn the depths of Zoom. Several months back now our meeting was targeted by 5 coordinated folks who showed-up and instantly play audio/video that were sexually explicit.

I admittedly take full responsibility for this event, as I had gotten too comfortable with the group,  I didn't require registration, I turned the Waiting Room off, I allowed Screen Share, and the list goes on. Needless to say, things have been a whole lot better since then, by making several strict changes to the way I manage and secure our meetings.

I hope this helps.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Can you add some color on disabling this option in the context of using Google Meet Hardware? The first instruction in enabling Zoom is to disable this feature:

"

Use Meet hardware to join a Zoom meeting

You can join a Zoom meeting from Google Meet hardware. Some Zoom features are not available when using a Google Meet Hardware device to join.

Before you begin

Thank you,

Josh