cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Registration Sign Up Page not Working

ParentClub
Listener

I have set up a meeting with required registration. When an invitee clicks on the registration link the zoom registration page comes up - and they fill out the fields - but when they press REGISTER nothing happens.

The page does not lead to confirmation and the registration is not recorded in the meetings page dashboard.

They are using zoom web platform. 

help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Aloha!

Yes in fact I solved it. As a web designer I'm ashamed for not noticing the problem sooner: my professor had accidentally included two extra characters at the end of the URL, and it ended with some hexadecimal-encoded characters at the end. I don't remember the exact string, but the extra chars were similar to "%A0%E3", so once I shaved those off, the form worked fine. If I were zoom I would check for hex-encoded trailing chars and automatically strip them, easily distinguished by the use of the percent ("%") char.

View solution in original post

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ParentClub @jeremyjustin @Setherkim @HarryWho @YuceMod  & everyone else on this thread! Advise looking into the knowledge base article on Zoom registrants stuck in loop issue as the resolution is currently scheduled to be released on April 17, 2023 (web release no update required). In the meantime, hosts should uncheck the required question option from disabled custom questions.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ParentClub thanks for your question, that is an interesting one.  Is anyone else having issues saving the information on the registration page or is this only happening to a single user? If possible, maybe they can try registering with a different browser (e.g. if they are using Internet Explorer, could they try Chrome?). 

This exact same thing is happening with my event as well. Multiple users are having issues from both computers and phones. 

jeremyjustin

Hi @youarezooming33 thanks for informing us about this. Can we try to get some specific information on a specific user or handful of users who are experiencing this? I have been trying to think if maybe they are missing a required field so that the save button is not active, or if they are using a web browser which is possibly blocking something or having incompatibility issues. 

- if we could check in with one user to just walk through with them and make sure they are filling in all required fields for registration

- also if they are on Windows or Mac, and if they are able to take the registration link and paste it into a different web browser to make an attempt that way?

Thank you, I look forward to hearing more so we can continue! 

Hello! I actually talked to tech support yesterday and a ticket was created. What is strange is that it was 10+ users all trying to do it from different locations, different devices, different browsers, etc. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. For example, it worked from my computer (MAC), but not my phone (iPhone). Why would this be? Everyone was filling out the field completely, but the registration button was frozen -- you could not click it and you could not submit it. Very strange. We finally had to scrap the Zoom registration and register people through a google form so people could register for the event after receiving so many problems. 😞 

Same issue... multiple users from multiple from multiple platforms. It's not working. 

jeremyjustin

Hi @Tonetta thank you for contributing to this thread! Would you mind working with our support group to provide details so we can look deeper into this issue? If not, and you know how to create a support case please let us know. Otherwise we can work to create one on your behalf to further troubleshoot! 

same situation with some meetings but not others.

I'm having the same issue. how do I fix this???

Hi Jeremy/all, I wrote this on another thread as well. I'm having the same issue, but it seems to happen when the link is coming from an e-newsletter on an email marketing platform. After noticing the issue, I tried an experiment - copy/pasting the Zoom link in a browser, RATHER than coming from the e-newsletter. Then it seemed to work. It's a true mystery. Could there be some code that is somehow changing from the e-newsletter to the back end of the Zoom interface? 

jeremyjustin

Hi @LBWeb33 thanks for the additional detail here. When you click the link you are going to a web page right, so depending on the link, the web page will render and have certain properties and capabilities. I would suspect that in your case, either

1. the original registration link was copied with some extra characters, or pasted with extra characters From what others have added on this thread it looks like even extra spaces can cause an issue

2. something on the email marketing e-newsletter is adding characters or modifying the original link somehow. 

There really isn't anything on the Zoom back end that will take a link and tweak it if that makes sense. So I really believe that in all these cases where registration isn't working, it's due to the original link being modified in some way so that when people click it things don't work properly. 

Thanks @jeremyjustin -- I WISH that were the case, but alas, I don't think that's it, since the link TO the Zoom registration page works fine from the newsletter. It's clicking on the REGISTER button ON the Zoom registration page where nothing happens. So if either one of the theories you wrote were happening, how could it possibly link to the Zoom registration page in the first place? Thanks for helping sleuth this....

I am having the same issue when I open with Firefox... Can anyone help me fix it, please? Do I need to create a new Zoom account? Thanks

adamprall
Listener

Same issue here. I'm a web developer, so I looked in the Inspector, and the so-called "Registration button" is actually a plain "A-link" that links to nothing. I thought it might be a browser or Extension incompatibility, but I tried this on every browser I own, many of them without any extensions or protections turn on, and it still didn't work, on multiple platforms, including a mobile phone.

jeremyjustin

Hi @adamprall thank you so much for your input! Is there any way to check for the original registration link from this meeting/webinar, perhaps by contacting the host and having them copy the link from the meeting out of the Zoom portal and sending to you via email? Just trying to find out if somehow the registration link is getting modified in some way before it gets to you so that like you say, the link isn't working. 

Aloha!

Yes in fact I solved it. As a web designer I'm ashamed for not noticing the problem sooner: my professor had accidentally included two extra characters at the end of the URL, and it ended with some hexadecimal-encoded characters at the end. I don't remember the exact string, but the extra chars were similar to "%A0%E3", so once I shaved those off, the form worked fine. If I were zoom I would check for hex-encoded trailing chars and automatically strip them, easily distinguished by the use of the percent ("%") char.

jeremyjustin

Hi @adamprall thank you for all your diligence here in this thread and sharing your knowledge. I'm going to take this back to our team for internal review to see if there are ways we can improve the process! Again thank you for sharing!

I just had the same problem. Part of the problem was that the user had a corrupted link.

I say it was part of the problem, because the bigger problem is that zoom does not reject invalid links.

It should say "404  not found".

Letting someone fill out the registration form and then push the submit button 10 times and get frustrated is not good customer service! And is was very confusing to me until I read this post and retrieved the correct link.

If zoom would just indicate that the link is invalid, we wouldn't get fooled.

Many mass email programs and some email clients and services change any link sent out to a link that is rewritten/redirected and/or encoded with tracking info and/or "protective" stuff to keep people from getting viruses. Under normal circumstances, this doesn't cause a problem, but I have seen it go wrong. My solution is to always send out links with text showing the correct URL, so the recipient can copy the link text with the correct URL if the encoded link target doesn't work, but that only helps if people know what to do in that case. i.e., I use a link like this https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Required-Registration-Sign-Up-Page-not-Working/m-p/31182  instead of this .

traingreg
Listener

Hi 

Has there been any resolution to this issue?

Thanks

Greg

MickeyV
Listener

Check that the URL for your registration page is absolutely identical to the original URL from Zoom. 

We had the same problem and it turned out that we were sending out a URL that had two extra characters appended to it (" .", which got translated to "%20." through bit.ly) because of a copy-paste error. Instead of returning an obvious error, the incorrect URL took users to a page that looked almost identical to the correct Zoom registration page, but did not work.

The only visible difference I found was that page generated when using the incorrect URL was missing the captcha.

jeremyjustin

Hi @MickeyV this is great input thank you for the contribution. From our research so far, what you are experiencing is very similar to what we are suspecting in these cases, that something is different about the registration URL so you are unable to complete the registration.  @adamprall I was curious if you have been able to do any more investigation? Thanks to everyone contributing on this thread! 

Aloha,

I hope you saw my messages! Thanks!

Aloha Mickey;

Checking against the original is impossible, if you're a student or not the originator of the meeting! I still hold that Zoom should automatically remove hex-encoded trailing characters automatically. It would take 5 seconds to fix this in PHP. No other solution can be reasonably expected to work, I've been designing websites for 20+ years, I hate to be egotistical but I know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, end users aren't empowered to check anything, especially your grandparents clicking links sent to them, etc.

Mahalo, Adam 

Preg_replace('~(\%[a-f0-9]{2})+$~i','',$uri);

...or similar should work, if in PHP. The '~i' flag is necessary because some software might incorrectly encode hex as lowercase (I've seen this before, not sure why it happens).

YuceMod
Listener

Hi, Lately few members -  the same ones - cannot open the registration links for diffrent meetings  I sent them. So they are not able to fill the form and inevitably cannot attend the meeting. How could I remedy the problem?

jeremyjustin

Hi @YuceMod please ensure you are sending the registration link through a method that ensures no extra characters, spaces, etc. are being added to the registration link. You can go to the Zoom portal and your webinar and copy the registration link from there, then send to people. If the link is being sent through another way it could be adding/changing the registration link slightly which would cause it not to work. If you are already doing this, please open a support case here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new and add as much detail as possible about your webinar, the attendees who can't register, etc. Opening a support case is private so you can add details in without concern of those details showing up in this community. 

Setherkim
Listener

I am having this exact problem, made more frustrating by the fact that I can't talk to an actual person at Zoom.  People fill out the registration page, but nothing happens when they click the registration button. I have opened a support case but have yet to hear back. My meeting is in a week and I may have to cancel since folks are unsure about whether they have in fact registered.  ARgggh!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ParentClub @jeremyjustin @Setherkim @HarryWho @YuceMod  & everyone else on this thread! Advise looking into the knowledge base article on Zoom registrants stuck in loop issue as the resolution is currently scheduled to be released on April 17, 2023 (web release no update required). In the meantime, hosts should uncheck the required question option from disabled custom questions.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Uche11
Listener

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem. I have clicked on the Register button countless times, but it's not responding. What do I do? The Webinar comes up soon.