cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Request for Enhancement: Online Livestream as Virtual Background

NickF
Listener

Kudos to Zoom for letting us have videos as virtual backgrounds. I love them.

It would be great to go one better and link an online webcam/live stream to be the background. Zoom - Could you put this in the development queue, please? Example:  Webcam Zermatt - Matterhorn (roundshot.com)

4 REPLIES 4

IBMYHWH
Listener

NĆ£o ente

Zoom allows the following virtual backgrounds:

1. An image 

2. A video

It would be good if Zoom could use a video that is on the Internet, not on the user computer.

Geezer76
Listener

I am a musician / singer and would like to be able to present a full movie (that is, video plus a soundtrack) as virtual background. To that I would add myself as a real-time singer.  I make an attempt at using screen-share plus share-computer-sound and then coming in as singer.  But the screen-share "stepped on" my tile and gave a bad result at end-observers screen.  Also the video needs to sync accurately with the soundtrack (easy to do). Then my singing has to sync with the movie (that's my job).  Thank you. 

bahste756
Listener

Yes the idea is very great and I think if they allow it then it will be a more easy facility for the users. The similar thing is mentionedhere in this article but hopefully they will take a step in the future.