cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report a scammer & weird glitchy video feed

kalograms
Listener

Hi, I firstly attempted to use Zooms chatbox to find a way to contact them for support, however, it looks like they do not offer support or a report option not being a paid member. 

My issue is, I was potentially scammed by a person posing as a BBB representative through a job listing on indeed.com for remote work. 

The interview through zoom glitched, it was super weird, my picture, his and one other person in the chat all scrambled and switched, so I was looking at myself in the big window and his was in my window.. same with the 3rd person. Has this ever happened to anyone using zoom, where all of the zoom windows video feed scrambled (even green lines occured) and switched windows quickly back and forth?

So the next point is the see if there is a way to get a review of the video feed if it is recorded by zoom to get a screen grab of the guys face, and also see how weird the video scramble was.  https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89708522453

I am attaching the sketchy contractor contract that the said person sent me today with raised all the red flags. I hope this can raise a red flag with zoom to help take this guy down since he is using this platform countless times with 6 other business names to scam people.

https://www.flcompanyregistry.com/companies/xremote-jobs-corp/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

There is no secret back-end recording of every Zoom meeting. The only recording that is made is the one that the host of the meeting opts to start recording.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen

There is no secret back-end recording of every Zoom meeting. The only recording that is made is the one that the host of the meeting opts to start recording.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen