cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing black boxes in Zoom during screen sharing

sumitra
Listener

I have encountered about 2 black boxes appearing in my presentation during screen sharing since Jan 2022. One blackbox appeared near the top and the other at the bottom. My laptop uses Windows 10 and I have updated the latest software. I have done all the hacks recommended in the Zoom web page, including changing the NVIDIA settings, video settings and screen sharing settings. Yet, I still have the same problem with the black boxes. Please help to resolve this problem. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @sumitra ! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, does this issue occur when using a different device, or is it just on the current device running Windows 10?

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

AL10
Listener

i  have a similar issue

i am also on windows 10

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @AL10, so sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your screen sharing. I see that @Bri was able to offer some suggestions 🙂. Please keep us updated if that works!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

AL10
Listener

optimize for video button was the problem
when it was turned on the black box appeared and when turned off the box disappeared.

i was lucky ot have a patient audinece that let me toggle back and forth
thanks

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thank you so much for letting us know! Happy to hear that it solved your issue. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team