cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Virtual Background

Kathy10
Listener

I have done everything according to the videos trying to remove the virtual background. I've gone to settings, in meeting advance, virtual backgrounds, and turned it off. I've even reset it. That is supposed to remove the uploaded picture from the system altogether....and it's still on there. The videos are old that they sent me in the chat. It says there is a button to choose "none." On mine it is a button - turn virtual backgrounds on or off. I've logged out and then back in again....it's still on. Every option in the chat doesn't pertain - any thoughts?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

SihuiTech
Listener

If you are a memmber account,you may need to ask the owner to change the setting.

AaronGong_0-1670419542846.png

View solution in original post

NS11
Attendee

1. Go to click on the carrot next to the button to turn your camera on and off.

2. Put your cursor over the background you want to remove.

3. A x should appear in the side, on top of your virtual background. Click on it.

4. YOUR VIRTUAL BACKGROUND SHOULD BE REMOVED!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SihuiTech
Listener

If you are a memmber account,you may need to ask the owner to change the setting.

AaronGong_0-1670419542846.png

NS11
Attendee

1. Go to click on the carrot next to the button to turn your camera on and off.

2. Put your cursor over the background you want to remove.

3. A x should appear in the side, on top of your virtual background. Click on it.

4. YOUR VIRTUAL BACKGROUND SHOULD BE REMOVED!!

Kathy10
Listener

Thank you. I finally figured I had to be in the meeting to change it. Prior to that, I was trying to change it in the settings outside of a meeting. Then, when I tested it, it still had the virtual background. I appreciate your time.   

Would you mind sharing exactly what you did?

I have the same problem. I have a virtual background that is not even in the list of Zoom backgrounds and I can't remove it. If I click None, I always return to a beach scenario, but I can't remove it. I can switch to other backgrounds and back to None an there's always the beach, that I just can't get rid of. I tried every suggested solution outside and during a meeting, even unistalled and reinstalled Zoom.
Any ideas?? I'm desperate.

It has been a long time and I was very desperate to find an answer so I hope I remember correctly. Really none of the comments from others helped, but I was very appreciative they took the time to try and help. When I started going into every option, if I remember correctly, NO answer worked by going into settings for the whole Zoom or off of my home page. That's when I started a meeting I had scheduled, then looked at the options at the bottom - this worked. I went into settings on the opened meeting, then into the background and effects option. I believe that's when I was able to turn off the background. It worked from that point forward on all my meetings. Hope this helps you. 

FlyDun
Listener

The ability to use background blur and background removal depends on your computer's processor. Please check it here: Zoom Virtual Background system requirements. You can use a green screen to accomplish this. Additionally, for the cleanest results, use a solid color in the background.

Need stunning Zoom backgrounds? Show off your personality and interests during Zoom meetings. FineShare allows you to create unique, fun, and creative backgrounds in seconds—powered 100% by AI. You can find it here: Zoom Background.