cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Outlook as Default Calendar

dhruvl
Listener

v 5.12.9

Running Mac OS. New update to Zoom no longer brings up iCal when scheduling a meeting but defaults to Outlook, which I don't use. Does anyone know how to remove Outlook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did find a fix – it's not actually anywhere in the formal Zoom settings. Schedule a meeting, scroll down the pane that appears and towards the end there's a Calendar section. The new update seems to have moved that selection to 'Outlook' for everyone. Setting it back to iCal or whatever fixes the problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

dhruvl
Listener

Ignore this. I think I found the way to fix it. 

timvines
Listener

This is driving me crazy too – how did you fix it?

I did find a fix – it's not actually anywhere in the formal Zoom settings. Schedule a meeting, scroll down the pane that appears and towards the end there's a Calendar section. The new update seems to have moved that selection to 'Outlook' for everyone. Setting it back to iCal or whatever fixes the problem.

Thank you!!! What a quick fix. Wish I saw your post earlier!!

Thank you

SteveB999
Listener

Adding "Ignore this" id not exactly helpful to those of us who are being driven mad by this stupid change from Zoom.. Everything was working brilliantly until whichever idiot at Zoom decided Outlook is a default calendar over Mac OS. 

Sorry! I thought I was the one to blame and not the new update. As Tim says above, schedule a meeting as before and scroll down to de-select Outlook. Bad form from Zoom not to remember the previous setting. At least 30 min wasted.