cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing OSB Camera from my list

jswalters
Listener

I am no longer using OSB so I have uninstalled it and the OSB virtual camera however the camera still shows up in my camera list in zoom. How do I delete it.

5 REPLIES 5

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jswalters, I know it has been a while since you initially posted, and I apologize for just now seeing your post! I definitely want to make sure you receive assistance. It appears there is another post that outlines a similar issue: How to remove cameras from drop down list from video camera setting in Zoom App. . I encourage you to review that post, and if the reply provides you with the assistance you are looking for, I encourage you to close this current discussion by marking this reply as the accepted solution. Users who view this post can then navigate toHow to remove cameras from drop down list from video camera setting in Zoom App.  to find the similarly asked question and solution that you also found to be helpful. 

Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team\

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

PLEASE help Windows users !  The posts you link to just work for Mac.

I have two old cameras that don't work, and a new one that works great -- but NOT in Zoom !

I cannot find a way to delete the two old cameras and get Zoom to recognize the new one.

Please help ! It should not be impossible !

Even if there is not an option in the Zoom app, surely there is a configuration file somewhere that holds this data. I am not afraid to hand-edit if necessary -- just need to know where to find the file, and what to change.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @jshphilly, sorry I hadn't gotten back to you sooner. Have you tried completely uninstalling the application using CleanZoom app, rebooting your device, and reinstalling the 64bit version of Zoom?

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry to say, the CleanZoom app does NOT actually clear things out. I ran it, ran it again, downloaded Zoom and installed ... and got the same useless list of devices as before.

Since I had not re-booted, I ran the CleanZoom again, then rebooted to start totally fresh. I downloaded the zoom app and installed ... and once again the video source list is populated with the obsolete cameras.

CleanZoom showed a couple of errors in the log, which I am attaching in case it helps troubleshooting.  The website won't let me upload the log file directly, so I had to generate a pdf ...

As before, my hunch is that there is a config file somewhere that needs to be edited or removed. If CleanZoom doesn't zap it, we need to identify the culprit and wipe it out another way.

Thanks for your help.

kewlbleu22
Listener

I have the same issue, did you ever get it resolved? I need to remove an unused camera from the list in windows. Pls let me know. Thx