cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Teams link from meeting invites

tinasousa
Listener

When I schedule Zoom meetings, I always click "add to Outlook calendar". The meeting in Outlook would display the link and telephone numbers for the meeting.  Recently, a Teams link has also been added to all meetings.  How do I remove the Teams link?  I use Teams for other purposes so I don't want to completely disable it.  But I want my Zoom meetings to only have Zoom links as options for the participants to click. 

Thanks in advance.  

9 REPLIES 9

daylilly
Listener

me too! it's been very confusing to our clients! i need to know too 🙂

archietorres08
Listener

Same here. I didn't have this before and seems to have been added by default.

Please let us know if there's a way to remove this by default.😊

AndyF
Listener

You can turn it off in Microsoft Outlook calendar options.  This crap just started happening to me, so Microsoft must have done an update where they turned it on by default.  Because they could, I guess - one more shifty way to compete with Zoom.  See the graphic - you just deselect a box.  Easy once you have the key.

Tried your advice and the the Teams link doesn't appear anymore!

Thanks AndyF! 👍😊

Thank you so much! This worked. 

Perfect, thanks for this!

I notice it also inserts skype for business links for some users as well, this should probably take care of that as well.

I hope Zoom has a fix for this because it has caused more than one missed meeting.

This did not work for me.  Below is what I see.  I select add online meeting to all meetings the 2nd image is what i see.  Can you assist?

TerryO_0-1663686647144.png

TerryO_1-1663686734120.png

This option is also unchecked for me yet Teams links still get generated. However, in my "Online Meeting" window it has Zoom as an option. I am wondering if I should go against advice and check this setting and then choose Zoom. Since this is for a VIP user I don't want to make things worse, so I am wondering if you or anyone has any other solutions to this.

Garnett
Listener

Any way to do this for everyone or do we have to do it in outlook for each users?