cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Raise Hand Button for Meetings

aamtz90
Listener

Is there a way to TURN OFF the Raise Hand Feature all together? I already removed the reactions button on settings, but now a lone Raise hand feature remains. I would like to remove this because we have some questions with selected people ready to answer and if the atendees raise their hand, the selected people will move out of the "host order" and place the people who raise their hand at the beginning on "gallery view". Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @aamtz90 unfortunately, there is no setting that disables the feature of raising your hand in a meeting. Basically, a raised hand is prioritized by hand raised from first to last and placed in front of the host's window order. Suggest submitting your feedback to https:/zoom.us/feed and sharing your experiences for the option of 'raise hand' 

Follows host video order with the guest in front of the host window

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 8.44.01 AM.png

Host raising hand and placed in front still following host order.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 8.44.23 AM.png

If participants lower their hands, the window order will revert back to the host's order. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

In a Webinar (not meeting) - is it possible to disable the Raise Hand feature?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DavidM247 looking into our KB on Raising your hand in a webinar, If you're the webinar host, you can disable the raise hand feature and manage participants that raise their hand.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Are they considering adding the disable feature to meetings as well as webinars? The bombers are using the raise hand to bounce  around and move tiles so it is pretty much impossible to remove the bomber. Do you have a suggestion for meetings?

Unfortunately, Zoom bombers have learned the trick of rapidly raising and lowering their hand while disrupting a meeting (they seem especially fond of 12-Step meetings). This moves their name up and down the participants list and also moves the position of their pane, making it very difficult to remove them. Please consider adding the option for hosts to disable Raise Hand is meetings, like they can in webinars. Thanks!

JanelleK
Listener

Are you able to disable hand-raising from all participants at once in a webinar? We don't want to answer questions this way, only through the Q&A.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, you can disable it for all attendees. make sure the checkmark is removed next to raise hand.

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 4.29.00 PM.png

 Regards 

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hey Frank, 

Where is this panel accessible? On which screen? Is it available on the webinar settings or on the webinar screen itself?

Thank you!

András

Frank_TB

Hello,

The host can control the raise hand feature for Attendees in a webinar by clicking on the More menu in the chat section.

Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 12.29.55 PM.png

 Then make sure there is no checkmark next to raise hand.

Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 12.29.42 PM.png

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hi Frank thank you so much.  But we are a 12 step meeting, not a webinar.  How can we turn it on/off on the fly?

Frank_TB

Sorry,  I dont know of a way to do the same thing in a meeting.

TubeGuy
Listener

Hi Frank any  new solutions for disabling reactions?  It's a big problem. Bombers toggle raise hand on/off and their tiles bounce.