cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control

faridaf
Listener

Hi everyone 🎈

So i’m having trouble trying something out. I want to try out to use the remote control option, but the icon doesn’t appear. All settings are right :(. Is it because one of the devices I‘m working with a phone? But shouldn’t that be working too? Or does it only work on Laptops/Pc‘s? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Agastya_123
Listener

It only works for tablet, PC's, laptop and desktop

View solution in original post

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @faridaf @Debbie8 @Lisa6 according to the knowledge base article on Requesting or giving remote control this feature is only available for the following:

• Zoom desktop client for Windows, Mac, or Linux
  • iPad with Zoom mobile app
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Agastya_123
Listener

It only works for tablet, PC's, laptop and desktop

How is an iphone different than a tablet?  If starting the session on a desktop/laptop, someone should still see the remote control icon and give control to someone on a mobile device. 

Lisa6
Listener

where is the icon?

Yeah, I'd like to know that too, the remote-control icon is definitely not along the Zoom toolbar. The View dropdown doesn't display it either, plus there is no Options. Went into Settings to allow remote control, nothing showed up on the toolbar. HELP, does anyone know how to add the remote-control button?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @faridaf @Debbie8 @Lisa6 according to the knowledge base article on Requesting or giving remote control this feature is only available for the following:

• Zoom desktop client for Windows, Mac, or Linux
  • iPad with Zoom mobile app
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

SFTF
Listener

I am having the same problem.  I enabled Remote Control in settings and I ensured that new setting was saved by logging in and out of Zoom but when I use my phone to share screen there is no option for Remote Control.  I swear I saw it the other day when I hadn't even enabled that setting, which sent my on this wild goose chase!  What am I doing wrong?  Or does this not work any more - saw posts about that being the case.

Using my Mac lap to host the meeting and my iPhone as a participant to share my screen (enabled the  option for participants to do that).  What am I missing?

TNZoom
Listener

Frustrating! Using my iMac desktop pc with OSX Ventura 13.6 (the latest), with latest zoom client trying to use Remote control with a new iPad, latest iOS and Zoom client. Also using a test iPad 3 years old iOS and zoom client at latest code. Settings all show Remote Control and Screen Sharing turned on, near as I can tell after MUCH time spent triple-checking! Never do I see a View Option to Request Remote Control by the host or the attendee. I do see the support icon on the host, but when I click it, I see "Support session is not available to the current participant." 
How can I get Remote Control working? zoom is worthless to us without it.

Thanks!