cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration

Jim_Smith
Listener

We had a meeting where people had to register beforehand.  Those that registered, when they clicked the link to join, were sent to the registration page again but with a blue button underneath their information that said 'Join Meeting' 

Why did this happen? 

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Jim_Smith 

Under the same email that they registered under?  Also, it could be that if their browser has a different email associated with it the system could possibly not recognize them as registered. So, you know how if you are in Chrome and Chrome is your default browser with your work email logged in but you register fo r the webinar with your personal email address say user@gmail.com when you click that join link and it goes to your default browser. If that browser is showing user@zoom.us then the system is not going to recognize that you are a registered user and then ask you to register for the event again. I have seen many cases like that before as well. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

YaBoiB

@Jim_Smith , 

Most likely when I see this the end-user is clicking on the registration link and not the join link that is in the description of the instruction when they receive the email from zoom about the webinar. I have done this myself before and then caught my error and clicked on the join link. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi there - thanks...but they were clicking on the link sent via the Outlook calendar invite.  Ideas? 

YaBoiB

@Jim_Smith 

Under the same email that they registered under?  Also, it could be that if their browser has a different email associated with it the system could possibly not recognize them as registered. So, you know how if you are in Chrome and Chrome is your default browser with your work email logged in but you register fo r the webinar with your personal email address say user@gmail.com when you click that join link and it goes to your default browser. If that browser is showing user@zoom.us then the system is not going to recognize that you are a registered user and then ask you to register for the event again. I have seen many cases like that before as well. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

They may be signing in with the incorrect email, we discovered we can use salepager.com to send reminders with the link to the email they used to register to make it easy.