cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration required option is not available

ShraddhaP
Listener

Hi Team, 

I have Zoom free  plan and cant see the Registration required option while setting up the meeting. Is it only available for paid account? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This is the expected behaviour. You will need to log into Zoom.us / Zoom.com to access the registration feature.

Regards,

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @ShraddhaP,

You are correct that registration is only available for paid accounts.

See the Prerequisites section here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/211579443-Scheduling-a-meeting-with-registration 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi,

I have the paid version of Zoom and still don't have the option to get 'registration required' or anything to do with registration.

Any idea?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @einav.

Start by referring to this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065026 

What I finally found is that the 'registration required' is NOT available on the Zoom portal where I usually set meetings up or launch them. When I logged into Zoom site and went to the settings of that particular meeting, the 'registration required' WAS present.

A little odd not to have this present in both, but I'm glad I found it.

Ray_Harwood

Thanks, @einav.  What portal were you using where it wasn’t available?  I’d like to take a look, and see if I can “suggest” to someone that they add it. 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 09.11.51.pngScreenshot 2024-01-08 at 09.11.39.png

Hi @Ray_Harwood,

When I open up my Zoom portal and go to schedule, the ability to add 'registration required' is not there. I've uploaded a couple of screenshots - hope they came through.

einav

Frank_TB

Hello,

I wonder if some terminology is getting mixed up here.

The Zoom portal is not the desktop application, but rather the Zoom website. 

https://zoom.us/ 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 8.44.09 AM.png

When logged into your account on the Zoom website  https://zoom.us/  do you still not see the option to use registration on a paid account?

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 8.44.27 AM.png

Regards

Maybe terminology is mixed, I don't know how else to explain this. I only get 'registration required' when I set or edit a meeting through the zoom.com platform.

When I fire up Zoom from my deck, this option is not there.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @einav.  Please describe what you mean by “fire up Zoom from my deck”.  Is this Windows, Mac, tablet?  Outlook, Google, etc.?  There are some known  limitations where recurring meetings can’t be scheduled from a few add-on apps, but should be easily scheduled from zoom.us. 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 15.57.57.pngHi Ray, 

This is the image of my Mac's deck. This is where I launch my zoom whenever I need to start a new meeting or schedule a new one. This is where 99% of all my zoom interactions happen. 

When I open this up and create a new meeting, the 'registration required' is not showing as an option. 

When I go to zoom.com and set up a new meeting, that option is found there.

Frank_TB

Hello,

This is the expected behaviour. You will need to log into Zoom.us / Zoom.com to access the registration feature.

Regards,

I know this now, but from a user experience point of view, it doesn't make sense to have it in one and not the other, especially when most interaction happens outside the website.

I have my zoom logged in from my deck and have no reason to log into the zoom.com, so even if this is expected, I would still argue it's not user friendly.

and yet again a solution that stands against the user experience has been approved. Well done Zoom!

Frank_TB