cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering for a meeting

MelHA
Listener

I setup a recurring meeting - I have 2 questions.

1) If I setup the meeting not requiring registration - can people still register?

2) If I set it up requiring registration, how do I get the actual session link (not the registration link)?

Thanks Y'all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @MelHA 

1. No, registration is all or nothing. If you want to capture their name and email address, you can just require authentication, which means Zoom will capture that information at a minimum. If you need to capture more than that, then requiring registration is the way to go. 

2. When registration is required, each registrant gets their own unique link. Each unique link is provided to them by email, but you can also access it through the web portal. If they try to use the generic link, Zoom will redirect them to the registration page before they can join. Only the host would be able to use the generic link and bypass registration. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @MelHA 

1. No, registration is all or nothing. If you want to capture their name and email address, you can just require authentication, which means Zoom will capture that information at a minimum. If you need to capture more than that, then requiring registration is the way to go. 

2. When registration is required, each registrant gets their own unique link. Each unique link is provided to them by email, but you can also access it through the web portal. If they try to use the generic link, Zoom will redirect them to the registration page before they can join. Only the host would be able to use the generic link and bypass registration. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

THANKS this helps me out !!!