cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording

wcsyas
Listener

When I assign a host to a meeting, my recording stops, even though I do not leave the meeting. How do I get my computer to keep recording after I assign a host?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Are you recording to the Cloud or Locally?

If to the Cloud:  Are you sure the new host isn’t stopping the recording?

If Locally: Do you have Participants can record Locally turned off?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

EvelynF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @wcsyas 

The host & co-host of a meeting can record the meeting to the cloud. Once you pass Host rights over to another participant, you become a participant with no recording rights (unless you are given the right to local record as a participant). The recording should continue and you will be able to see the recording symbol next to the new Host in the participant list. This recording will still live in your account on Zoom.us. The recording will always live in the original Host's account. 

If the recording is being locally recorded, this should still continue once you assign Host to a different user until you leave the meeting. However, if this is not the case please let me know and I can look into more settings. 

On a side note, I recommend enabling "Co-host" in your account settings so you can have more than one host in your meetings.