cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording

Mcjjjunior
Listener

Hi, I have 2 questions re recording, firstly, do you have to have the Zoom app open for a meeting that you are hosting (but not attending) to be automatically recorded to local computer?

Secondly, if you have to have the app open, do you have to be signed in to the specific Zoom account (set up for automatically recording to local computer) for a meeting to be recorded?

I have different accounts due to different organisations that I work for and I have a clash of meetings so I want to attend one via one Zoom account and set the other Zoom account to record automatically to local computer (as it's not possible to be signed into more than 1 account on the same device and I don't have the record to cloud facility) but if I am signed into my other Zoom account on my computer will it prevent the other account to record to that computer?  Thanks in advance for any responses

4 REPLIES 4

opbluelegend
Attendee

1.By default, only the host can initiate a Local Can Host record Zoom meeting without joining?Recording. If another participant would like to record, the host will need to provide permission to that participant during the meeting

Is signing in Zoom necessary for meeting?

A Zoom account is not required if you are st

ChrisO
Note Taker

It is possible to use two accounts on the same PC. The trick is to have one use the APP while the other has to use the web-based version.  The other drawback is using the browser-based version you can only record to the cloud, but you can download the recording afterward if you want a local copy.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Mcjjjunior
Listener

Thanks ChrisO, do you know if basic accounts allow record to the cloud - I thought you could only record to local computer?  For these particular meetings I only have basic accounts although the time limit has been removed as they are for schools.  I have another account for a different school where it's a full account that allows meetings to record to the cloud but I'm not sure with basic accounts and unfortunately, it's not possible for me to use the full account for the meeting I want to record due to confidentiality

I do not believe "Free" accounts are able to record to the cloud. Do you possibly have a second device you could use instead of trying to run both on one?

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***