cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording share settings still allows downloads even though I unclicked "Viewers can download"

ChristineF
Listener

Hi, as of 2 weeks ago, something weird is happening when I share a recording of my meeting where I changed the setting NOT to allow "Viewers can download" in the share setting.  It still allows viewers to download my video, even though I de-selected that option. Anyone else experiencing this bug? Any way to fix it?  Thanks. (It worked flawlessly until 2 weeks ago).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @ChristineF,

Have you confirmed that other users are unable to download?  If you look at the share link while logged into Zoom, you will still see the download option, since Zoom knows you have that permission.

Also, verify that the Viewers can download option is not checked:

Ray_Harwood_0-1670191686216.jpeg

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @ChristineF,

Have you confirmed that other users are unable to download?  If you look at the share link while logged into Zoom, you will still see the download option, since Zoom knows you have that permission.

Also, verify that the Viewers can download option is not checked:

Ray_Harwood_0-1670191686216.jpeg

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

OMG, Ray, you are right!! Other users are unable to download the meeting from the URL link I share with them, but I can download it when I open the same URL link. I don't think the "download" button used to show up for me before. But either way, the problem is solved. Thank you!!!