cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording problem

Alannah
Listener

Until now I have never ever had problems to make a recording on my computer. Now when I try to start it, it opens the options window where I don't see anything wrong and there is no option to start the recording.  Can anybody help me, please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HHMH
Listener

Hi good morning. I am having the same issue on my computer and andriod for months now.  Today I have finally made some head way I believe. Recording can only be done via a computer. When scheduling your meeting via a computer only you will see the option to allow local recording via computer. There is no option for android etc. I sent screen shots of a meeting with no options via browser. This doesn't have an option to record. "Download Now" and you will be able to record, however remember to choose the option and save when doing the scheduling of meeting.
I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Here are the prerequisites of the cloud recording:

JepZoomie_0-1650294819617.png

after meeting those prerequisites, you may then start a meeting, click record, and you should see an option for cloud recordings if you are on Desktop computer and record through the cloud when you are using the Zoom mobile application.

Here is the article that you can check regarding cloud recording: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203741855-Starting-a-cloud-recording

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

JepZoom
Participant

Can you send some screenshots on how it looks like?

Pic0.jpg

 I click on Record, after choose Record on this computer and it openes this.

It appears that you need to select where you will store your local recordings at.

Until now, it had saved them in the default directory. Now, however, I tried to give it another directory in case this is the problem, but it doesn't allow me to change it. If I tick the box "Choose a location for recorded files when the meeting ends", the problem remains. Only a few days ago I was recording and everything was fine... I carefully reviewed the settings in the link you gave me above, although I know I haven't touched them in the meantime, but everything looks fine there.

Is it possible that your local storage is full?

You can see on the picture that there is 395 GB free space. After all,  the problem was fixed after a button "change" appeared somehow next to the directory and I set another (in fact this is anoter folder on the same local disk). I don't know why the button was missing at first and how after appeared, or why the folder had to be changed even on the same drive, but I'm glad that after all it worked. Thank you for your time and assistance!

P.S. You can see on this pic that already there is a "change" button.

Pic1.jpg

HHMH
Listener

Hi good morning. I am having the same issue on my computer and andriod for months now.  Today I have finally made some head way I believe. Recording can only be done via a computer. When scheduling your meeting via a computer only you will see the option to allow local recording via computer. There is no option for android etc. I sent screen shots of a meeting with no options via browser. This doesn't have an option to record. "Download Now" and you will be able to record, however remember to choose the option and save when doing the scheduling of meeting.
I hope this helps.

Can you please send some screenshots?

I have this problem exactly with my computer and I've never tried it on android. But thanks for trying to help.

That is not exactly a problem, local recording is only available for Zoom desktop application (Computer)

JepZoomie_0-1650294124788.png

You may check the prerequisites of local recording here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings#:~:text=P...

My problem is exactly with the Zoom desktop aplication and is something mew for me because until now I have made many recordings. Now I really don't see the reason to be impossible...

Also, to add up, you can only record locally on your computer, meaning you can't record locally using your mobile phones. 

Only cloud recording is available on Zoom mobile application.

Thank you very much JepZoomie. 
How do I go about Cloud recording for Zoom Mobile Application?

Here are the prerequisites of the cloud recording:

JepZoomie_0-1650294819617.png

after meeting those prerequisites, you may then start a meeting, click record, and you should see an option for cloud recordings if you are on Desktop computer and record through the cloud when you are using the Zoom mobile application.

Here is the article that you can check regarding cloud recording: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203741855-Starting-a-cloud-recording

Hi hi. It's not giving a cloud option only local.

bsgmaster
Listener

I had this same problem on my computer after updating to a new version of zoom.  Windows started blocking access to the documents folder where Zoom was doing the recordings due to the Controlled Folder Access security feature.  Apparently the update made Windows think it was a different program than the one that created the documents\zoom folder and blocked access to it.  The folder became ReadOnly to the zoom program.   I changed the permissions to the folder and all descendants to remove the ReadOnly permission.  I also put Zoom on the list of apps that were exempted to the Controlled Folder Access protection feature.

I suspect that this will become a major problem for all Zoom users on Windows with the Controlled Folder Access feature.   I consider this to be a MAJOR BUG because the new version of Zoom should know how to automatically gain access to its existing folders after updating to eliminate this very confusing problem that prevents zoom from recording with no error message or explanation of why recording isn't occurring as it should be.