cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording notification and custom disclaimer

kensala
Listener

I am stumped but must be missing something basic I fear.

Under "Account Settings" and the "Recording" tab, I go to "Recording Notifications - Zoom Clients"

HOWEVER, there is no line which reads

Show a disclaimer to participants when a recording starts

hence no ability to "Customize Disclaimer".

I am unable so far to see why this option is not appearing (it used to!).

I have a Pro account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ami_88
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @kensala ,

Thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community!

As per this support article, here,  Customizing the recording consent disclaimer is available for account types : "Enterprise, API, Education, or Business account with 100+ licenses" 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ami_88

Hi @kensala ,

Thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community!

As per this support article, here,  Customizing the recording consent disclaimer is available for account types : "Enterprise, API, Education, or Business account with 100+ licenses" 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

That explains it.   However, I am fairly certain that the customization option WAS available previously with a Pro account?

Hi, Ami_88. Thank you for the information above, but it does not answer the issue of why we had the option to change this before, and now we don't. (Please see my previous reply, to which there has been no response.) It was there when we signed up for PRO. Seems it should still be there if that was initially part of the package we signed up for.

I am taking courses for certification and must record my sessions, therefore I added the disclaimer. I need to be able to make edits to the disclaimer as well. I would very much appreciate having this feature restored to my account. Thank you.

I created a disclaimer before Zoom made the decision to remove this capacity in the Pro plan. I'm sure this is problematic for many users like me who are now stuck with a disclaimer they can't change or remove from every meeting they start. Please advise.

bfanning
Listener

I'm having the same issue, and have a meeting scheduled Monday morning. I would like to make edits to the disclaimer I entered only a couple of weeks ago, when I upgraded my account from free to Pro. The option was there when I initially customized my meetings -- I was able to enter the text, and it did appear in a meeting -- but now it is locked against my editing with a note saying "Only IT admin can make changes for this setting," and I see no other options for editing and/or removing the disclaimer.

WordBrewer
Listener

I'm not sure what happened, but it looks like the ability to create and change the custom disclaimer is now enabled for the Pro plan. Thank you if you're listening Zoom. 🙏🦉