cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording not available - "This meeting was recorded on a different computer"

OlaBold
Listener

Hello, 

My computer for work has been recently taken to service and I got another one to temporarily replace my computer.

I had a few important business meetings recorded on my computer.

I badly need these recordings, but when I try to access them on my account the pop-up "This meeting was recorded on a different computer" is shown and the recording is not available.

I am terrified because I though the recordings are stored in a cloud online. 

Please let me know if there is any way I can access them while my computer is being repaired.

Thank you

Ola

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @OlaBold,

Recordings are saved either to the Zoom Cloud or Locally on your computer only.  If your recordings were recorded locally, they are indeed on your “other” computer. If these recordings are important to you, check with your IT department to see if backups are available, though depending on the problems with your original computer, they might still be on the hard drive if it is returned to you without the disks being reformatted.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi

have downgraded to a basic zoom account a while ago.
I have been trying to fix a problem and need your help urgently.
I am trying to recover old local zoom recordings as I have some very important files.
However I have the same error message coming up saying 'This meeting was recorded on a different computer'
I have now sold the old Macbook and it was reset also. How do I recover these files because they are showing in my past recordings. I just cant open them?

Frank_TB

Hello,

if a Zoom recording is done as a local recording it is saved on the hard drive of the computer it was recorded on.

Unless you transferred it to the new computer or backed it up to a local storage device you will not find it on a different (new) computer. 

This is exactly the same as if you had a n excel file on the first computer and took no action to transfer it to a new computer.

So, unless you can access the original computer that made the recording you  are out of luck.

Sorry for the bad news.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!