cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording lost

MHFO
Listener

Hello,

First of all I don't have any Zoom account, I usually only click on the link to join a meeting.

So here's the situation, I joined a meeting and after a couple minutes the host made me the host, so I started the recording. I didn't get the option to decide where to save te recording, but the recording started automatically. Everything seemed fine and I ened the meeting an hour later. 

But now, 6 hours later, I still can't find the recording neither on my iPad neither on iCloud... And I didn't get any email or any notifications about any trouble...

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Ask the host to check in their Zoom cloud recording section. The person who schedules the meeting gets access to the recording, not you.

Even if they made me the host? Because they checked after the end of the meeting and they didn't have it...

Hello, making anyone co-host or host doesn't affect the local machine nor previous admin/host settings of his endpoint client and his zoom server account settings. Usually, the problem comes from the default file name syntax and its location; if unknown - impossible to be found without checking actually ZOOM client settings and admins' ZOOM web page. That comes from my experiences with paid ZOOM version over the last two years. Regards!

I made a research with the day of the meeting and there's nothing with that date in my iPad...

Frank_TB

It is not possible to record locally from an iOS or Android device.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473#h_01FFG9ZE61WH273M0SBG3ESVD7 

So it would automatically be a cloud recording... so that's why i can't find it... i'll ask the admin again! Thanks