cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording file format

jto
Listener

Hello,

In the Pro version, after recording to the cloud, the download file is either ...1920x1080.mp4 or ...3686x2304.mp4.  Any suggestions on how format is selected and if it can be selected.

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

The recording resolution is generally based on the videos and content shared in the session. Based on that resolution, I would guess that you shared your desktop or something in that resolution, which in turn made the entire recording that resolution. 

Unfortunately, this cannot be preset or configured currently. 

I have been using Zoom for a few years now and have recorded locally. The recorded sessions I have with clients are often between 2 and 2.5 hours. I almost never share any content and never change the resolution on my monitors. Both monitors are set via Windows 10 to the recommended 1600 x 900 displays.

For these consistently 2 - 2.5 hour videos, the Zoom .mp4 recording sizes are either around 220kb, 440kb, or 1.4gb.  So, I have no idea what is varying these files, but would love to know.

Even if Zoom told us specifically which elements/issues make them go 1+gb larger, that would be very helpful.