cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording as a Co-host with low bandwith

JessicaH
Listener

I'm looking into recording options as a co-host in someone else's meeting room and still have some questions:

- If I want specific settings for the recording, who would have to set these. The original host of the meeting room or the co-host, who does the recording? I assume the settings are tied to the room, so the host would have to set these and the co-hosts settings in their account wouldn't matter at all. Is this true?

- The bandwith is probably low. Should I use local recording in this case?

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @JessicaH 

1. Depends on what type of recording you are using. Cloud recording settings are determined by the actual host of the meeting and must be set before starting the meeting, whereas local recordings have settings controlled on the Zoom desktop app directly, so those are adjusted by whoever will be locally recording. 
  2. Since all the video content must pass through Zoom servers, which is also where the cloud recordings are generated, it would probably be better to record to the cloud instead of locally. If recording locally and having low bandwidth issues, that can impact the quality of your local recording. 
    1. That being said, if you are just recording a presentation that you are also sharing from the same computer, local recording would be the best option, as the desktop app can capture the video content as it sends it to Zoom, regardless of your bandwidth issues. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.