cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Mix-up

squeekr101
Listener

I think I already know the answer to this, but I figured I'd ask the "hive mind". I joined a meeting on my phone, not realizing it was my basic (free) account (i.e., no cloud storage). I recorded the meeting and layer went to review it and there was no saving of this extremely important info. I'm absolutely heartbroken. Is there *ANYWAY* to retrieve it? I mean, it was recorded, so it was saved somewhere... right?

I will gladly pay a premium to get access to it as it involves a deceased relative.

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@squeekr101 -- I'm not sure about the details of what you did... but you might know that recording can only be done locally by Basic users, but it's also an important detail that local recording isn't possible or supported on phones.

See the Prerequisite section on this Zoom Support article about Local Recording:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings 

So I'm not sure what button you hit on your phone that you think would start a local recording, but based on the information I have, it wasn't recorded.  Zoom doesn't record anything on its own, so you might want to check with the meeting Host to see if they have a Cloud recording or something you can have access to. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

squeekr101
Listener

Thanks Ray - that's exactly what I did (reach out to the host). Since it went through the "you're now being recorded" prompts, etc., it didn't  prompt me to realize that it wasn't saving locally on my phone.

Here's hoping! *fingers crossed*