cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording, Host links and Enterprise/Business accounts

Hime-Tama
Listener

Hi all, Hime-Tama here. I have reached an impasse, and need some advice on this matter.

The situation is:

I have a Zoom account running on a free plan that is logged into the latest version of the Zoom app for Windows 10. There is someone else in my organization with a paid Enterprise/Business Zoom account, who has scheduled the meeting and given me the Host Link for that meeting. Upon joining that meeting using my Free Zoom account as the host of the meeting, I assign a few Co-Hosts and spotlight both myself and them, one of whom shares their screen. The Co-Host that is sharing their screen also has a Free Zoom account on the zoom app. Then I start local recording for the meeting, from my computer in Fullscreen Side-By-Side mode. The meeting ends after 1hr30mins, and I stop the recording, which is then saved on my computer as the usual "double click to convert". My camera input to zoom comes from a HDMI to USB converter connected to a Sony HXR-MC2500 Shoulder mounted Video Camera with output resolution of 1920x1080. Both my computer, and the computer of the person who is sharing their screen, are connected to the same office network via ethernet/LAN Cables. 

In this situation, what would my resolution of the recorded video be, and how can I optimize it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jdott16
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @Hime-Tama 

After testing this with a colleague I found the following.

If the host of the meeting (in your scenario the user who is on a bus/ent account) has Group HD 1080p enabled on the web, and it has been enabled on the back end by Zoom Support, then if you and the other users on that meeting are capable of sending and receiving Full HD, you would do so. We tested by having a user on an enterprise account schedule a meeting and send the invite link to a free user. The Host did not join, but the free user did. The free user had a 4k Camera, MacBookPro 16, and over 5Mbps Uplink/Downlink. The free user invited another Free user onto the meeting who was also capable of sending and receiving full HD with a Windows 10, 4k Camera, and over 5Mbps uplink/downlink. The meeting statistics showed that both users were sending and receiving Full 1080p HD for that meeting. 

HD Follows the Host's web subscription. So in your specific scenario, even as you are a free user, you would send and receive 1080p if that is what the host has enabled on the web, and if you and all participants on the meeting are also capable of sending and receiving 1080p you would all do so.

To answer your question, the recording will end up being what occurs in the meeting. If you are hitting 1080p, the recording will show this.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Hime-Tama 

Unfortunately there is no sure way to predict the resolution of the recording. At best, their recording would be at 720p, unless they have special permission from Zoom to host their videos in full 1080p HD. 

Even if that is the case, their bandwidth and computer processing power can affect and limit the resolution in the meeting and the resulting recording. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jdott16

Hello @Hime-Tama 

After testing this with a colleague I found the following.

If the host of the meeting (in your scenario the user who is on a bus/ent account) has Group HD 1080p enabled on the web, and it has been enabled on the back end by Zoom Support, then if you and the other users on that meeting are capable of sending and receiving Full HD, you would do so. We tested by having a user on an enterprise account schedule a meeting and send the invite link to a free user. The Host did not join, but the free user did. The free user had a 4k Camera, MacBookPro 16, and over 5Mbps Uplink/Downlink. The free user invited another Free user onto the meeting who was also capable of sending and receiving full HD with a Windows 10, 4k Camera, and over 5Mbps uplink/downlink. The meeting statistics showed that both users were sending and receiving Full 1080p HD for that meeting. 

HD Follows the Host's web subscription. So in your specific scenario, even as you are a free user, you would send and receive 1080p if that is what the host has enabled on the web, and if you and all participants on the meeting are also capable of sending and receiving 1080p you would all do so.

To answer your question, the recording will end up being what occurs in the meeting. If you are hitting 1080p, the recording will show this.

I hope this helps!

Hi Jdott, Hime-Tama here.

THIS HELPS SO MUCH! Thank you for taking the time to test this out! Now our company event can go smoothly!

Once again, Thank you!

Bort

Hi @Hime-Tama 

Unfortunately there is no sure way to predict the resolution of the recording. At best, their recording would be at 720p, unless they have special permission from Zoom to host their videos in full 1080p HD. 

Even if that is the case, their bandwidth and computer processing power can affect and limit the resolution in the meeting and the resulting recording. 

Hi Bort, Hime-Tama here.

Thank you for the info, I'll check with the enterprise account owner if that option is enabled!

Thanks!