cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording HOST only and shared screen

AF1981
Listener

Help!

I need to record HOST ONLY and my shared screen but NOT participants. Please help. Have tried pinning the host but the recording still picks up the active speaker.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer

There is an option for 'Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately'. You can turn this on through your personal Settings, via the Recording tab. 👍

Ray_Harwood

Pinning only affects your personal view. Select “speaker with shared screen”  for recording, and Spotlight the Speaker – when other people speak, their video won’t  appear, only the spotlighted participant, which could be the host, or anything you choose. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

AF1981
Listener

Thank you - I will give these both a go. 

How do I spotlight a speaker? 

Thanks.

I have tried right clicking on the participants but this does not come up as an option. I have the pro version. Thanks. 

Also - I should have said it is just me and one other person on the call most of the time. 

Ray_Harwood

One of the interesting things about Zoom is that the client app behaves differently with only 2 people in the room. I don’t recall seeing any definitive documentation on the differences, but there are some. I don’t think you can Spotlight with only 2 participants. You might have to join with another  account to get what you’re looking for. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !