cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded audio and video not in sync

dougalco
Listener

I have recorded a video through the zoom desktop client. Recorded it to the local disk, not uploaded to the cloud not down loaded from the clouds. The video is from a Canon Vixia, connected through a Can Link 4K. The audio is coming through a Roland Cakewalk UA 25 EX,  USB Audio Capture, vocals into that from an Audio Technics  microphone, guitar plugged straight in from the internal pickup. When I play it back on my own computer, that recorded it originally, the audio and video and out of sync, not hugely, but noticeably. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have not found this problem discussed anywhere. 

Thanks,
Dougal

1 REPLY 1

GlenV
Listener

Not sure if you're still having trouble with this. I've had the same problem using the Cam Link 4K on Zoom. For recordings, try recording to a local drive. That worked for me with recording a Zoom "Clip," the new Beta feature as of August 2023. I haven't tried it with a meeting recording, but my hunch is that it would work, since Recordings settings seem to control Clips. You could also use OBS and NDI to introduce a delay in the audio. That works, but it's a lot of setup. You can find instructions for how to introduce audio offsets with OBS and NDI online. A good video card helps, but doesn't completely eliminate the issue.