cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record both the presenter camera and the presentation screen simultaneously in high resolution?

This_Justin
Listener

Does anyone know if this is possible with any of zoom's current services as of October 2021. I am trying to record a presentation but I would like to capture both the shared presentation screen and the presenter camera feed in HD video so I can edit them together.  The only solution I can think of is to create two separate meetings with two computers unless this is possible currently. I have access to an enterprise account for this. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

ChrisO
Note Taker

Have you tried turning on "See myself as active speaker while speaking"? The option is under video settings in APP.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @This_Justin 

If you have an Enterprise (or Business) account, and have HD enabled (at either 720p or 1080p), you can use Cloud Recording and get separate files for active speaker, gallery view and shared screen.

Rupert_0-1634060314784.png

For local recording, the easiest way would be two computer, like you say.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207347086-Group-HD

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060235072-Cloud-recording-views-and-advanced-settings

What about an option like Screencastomatic? He could just record screen and audio using it as long the video and presentation are showing on the screen at the same time. Would be easier than two computers.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Thank you!

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can accomplish this with a cloud recording. Cloud recording settings allow you to record Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately. 

The tricky part will be getting HD, as that can be affected by the presenter's connection, hardware, and other factors. 

Rupert

Hi @This_Justin 

@Bort is right. Getting HD from a participant (even after having it enabled on your account) is dependent on a few things - particularly if you are aiming for sustained 1080p.

These things are mostly:

• The participant having a camera capable of providing HD (Most internal webcams usually don't. And even if they do, they don't usually look very good). A Logitech Brio can be a great external USB HD webcam.
  • A computer that meets the system requirements in Zoom for HD - not being over-tasked with other things.
  • The participant having "HD" enabled in their local Zoom app Video settings.
  • The participant having a stable internet connection with enough bandwidth (upload especially) to provide HD. Avoid WiFi, use a wired connection.
  • Actual perceivable video quality will also be dependent the usual things - especially lighting.
  • Avoid Virtual Background. These will usually drop the resolution and increase system overhead.

BUT - when all these things are in place. HD recordings out of Zoom can provide very good results.

An example here: https://youtu.be/8yx-kQZ4DSM