cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record a shared screen from another participant without their video thumbnail in Cloud

alexismac47
Listener

I need to record my clients screen without any thumbnails. I am using Cloud Recording and have attached my settings in the attached file (Cloud: Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately, with only Shared screen checked). What else do I need to do? Or do I need the person sharing the screen to change some settings?

It appears the settings for local recordings have been reduced in this Zoom version, so I think Cloud is the way to go, however my single recording (which happens even if I select some of the other sub boxes as well as shared screen) always has the speaker thumbnail in the upper right corner. And I have read and re-read this page and I believe followed it... https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360025561091-Recording-Layouts#h_5e1fce96-29ec-4402-98e0-c...

2 REPLIES 2

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello. Do you want to record the shared screen with no thumbnails? Here is a 30-second zoom recording I created. I went to Setting - Recordings - Cloud Recordings section and unchecked Record Thumbnails when sharing. I had to click Save. I hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you need. https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/lcTp-ATm5wviws-645lJAmF9-9ZDGoA55ooraJVLYbm6g-d6e7vXpo-T_bDTjFMU.Y...
Passcode: =P2%uvPQ

alexismac47
Listener

Thank you for sharing Chris - it looks like that was a past Zoom version (?). What I discovered as that there are two places you need to change the setting to have the gallery, active speaker and active screen recorded separately, both in the web portal: 1) accounts settings/recordings as well as 2) personal settings/recordings, and then make sure everything is set on the app recording settings as well so I guess that makes 3). Weird to have to set in all locations and tricky. Also the Zoom support articles really did not explain this. Zoom support, however, was fast to respond to my request for help and made it clear what to do.