cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Meetings Automatically Employees

Irenearshad
Listener

Hi everyone,

I have a premium Zoom account, which allows me to have 9 unlicensed users. This is fine for now, but I need a way to record their meetings automatically to the cloud. in a way that cannot be disabled. 

I have tried to do this under "User Management" and "Groups", but any time I start a test meeting as a user, it does not record to the cloud.

I worked for a company that did the same thing, so there must be a way.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, 

Is there a way to enable recording for basic users to my paid cloud recording account? Or a creative solution so that I do not have to pay extra for licenses?

View solution in original post

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Irenearshad unfortunately I can't think of a way around this. We do have a way to designate someone as an alternative host so that they can host meetings you schedule, but alternative hosts also need to be licensed https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

One other option is to leverage the Local Recording capabilities in a Zoom meeting. As long as you have Local Recording enabled in your Zoom settings (in the Zoom web portal) your Basic/Free users can record to their local devices. After they record they will have a file on their computer that they could potentially upload to a file share site like Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, etc. Perhaps this would work? But if you want Cloud Recording, the host of the meeting will need a license.

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin

Hi @Irenearshad thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! If you are creating the setting in Groups and then moving users into this group, please make sure you are clicking the little lock symbol by the setting. Otherwise it will enable the setting but not make it mandatory for people in the group. 

Also, Zoom cloud recording does require a user to have a license so if the users are "Basic" users, they are considered "free" users and do not have entitlement to record to the cloud. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060231472-Enabling-cloud-recording

If you can give them a license they will definitely be able to cloud record. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Hi, 

Is there a way to enable recording for basic users to my paid cloud recording account? Or a creative solution so that I do not have to pay extra for licenses?

jeremyjustin

Hi @Irenearshad unfortunately I can't think of a way around this. We do have a way to designate someone as an alternative host so that they can host meetings you schedule, but alternative hosts also need to be licensed https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

One other option is to leverage the Local Recording capabilities in a Zoom meeting. As long as you have Local Recording enabled in your Zoom settings (in the Zoom web portal) your Basic/Free users can record to their local devices. After they record they will have a file on their computer that they could potentially upload to a file share site like Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, etc. Perhaps this would work? But if you want Cloud Recording, the host of the meeting will need a license.