cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update has removed ability to change hosts/manage whiteboard without stopping local recording

rc13
Listener

Hello. I updated my Zoom client and have lost some important functionality in regards to recording and using the whiteboard. A little background:

I've been using Zoom for about a year for French classes two times per week. My teacher is in France and I'm in the USA. I record the classes to my local PC so that I can go back and take notes, etc. Before today, the normal flow for the class would be 1) I launch the meeting, 2) teacher connects, 3) I start the recording, 4) when she needs to use the whiteboard, I make her the host, she launches the whiteboard and the recording continues to capture both of our cameras and the whiteboard to my local PC. 5) At the end of class, we end the session and the recording renders to my PC.

After the update I installed this weekend, I start the recording but when I promote her to host so that she can launch/manage the whiteboard, the recording stops. So I tried using the new Whiteboards option. She's able to manage the whiteboard now without making her host, so my recording continues, but she is no longer able to see my camera. This makes it difficult to have a conversation with me about what she is writing.

I have to get the previous functionality/capability back before in the next 48 hours or move on to another platform that will give me what I need. Thanks in advance for any tips or advice. Happy to provide more info if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rc13
Listener

Result from working with Support:

They provided a link back to the old version and told me to not update to the current version because a new release may come out that will fix the problem. The old version (5.10.4.5035) does allow me to record and trade Host to other participants without stopping the recording. The option I found with the new version that works is instead of host, promote the other participant to Co-Host. That also allows others to manage the whiteboard will still seeing the other particpants' cameras.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

rc13
Listener

Result from working with Support:

They provided a link back to the old version and told me to not update to the current version because a new release may come out that will fix the problem. The old version (5.10.4.5035) does allow me to record and trade Host to other participants without stopping the recording. The option I found with the new version that works is instead of host, promote the other participant to Co-Host. That also allows others to manage the whiteboard will still seeing the other particpants' cameras.