cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Downloaded Meeting Recordings no longer playing on QuickTime

cfparise
Listener

I have been using Zoom for almost four years and have been an administrator for nearly 3 of those. I am always learning new things though. Now, I cannot view downloaded recently recorded meeting with QuickTime. Has there been a change and, if so, what CAN be used to view downloaded recordings on a Mac? The response I get is that the recording is not compatible with QuickTime.

6 REPLIES 6

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

Is the file still being downloaded as an mp4 file?  This should be playable within quicktime.

No...it only shows the QuickTime symbol and I get this message. 

cfparise_0-1641840145837.png

Arps

Hello!

I'm sorry it's giving you trouble.  It seems to be the Quicktime doesn't support all mp4 files.  An alternative would be to use a different media player.  Check out this article: https://www.softwarert.com/quicktime-player-cant-open-play-mp4-mac-vlc/

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks!  Rick

WRD
Listener

I'm having this same issue with a recording from a year and a half ago. Same error message. VLC player does not fix the issue. 

Did something change with the latest updates for Zoom to cause this problem? 

What other solutions might I try? 

mkr
Listener

I'm also having this issue. Not sure what to do. Quicktime and VLC both fail. When the file is loaded in VLC it shows up as 00:00 duration.

mbaker1085
Listener

I am having this same issue. I tried both Quicktime and VLC. Quicktime shows me the same error (will not play) and VLC shows the videos with a duration of 0:00 and will not play them. I have watched these same video files previously in Quicktime. All the files are hosted locally on my PC. 

Can anyone offer any potential solutions? I have dozens of hours of training videos that I can no longer access.