cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an email from Zoom about recent job interview. Identity theft or privacy breach on Zoom?

tlr55
Listener

I received an email from zoom (zoom@myworkday.com) saying that a job interview is done . The problem: I've never applied nor interviewed with them. Can this be a privacy / security breach issue on Zoom's side?

I've already filed a ticket on zoom trust center last week but haven't received any reply. 

PS: Sadly the email also said I didn't get the  job, presumably because I did poorly during the fictional interview. 

6 REPLIES 6

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tlr55  My sincere apologies for any lack of communication from Zoom on this. I have taken the time to review your account and I do see the ticket you submitted via the Zoom Trust Center. It is currently under review by the appropriate Trust & Safety team here at Zoom and I have flagged them to let them know you've followed up on this ticket. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Thank you!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Bitcoin_Shaman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @tlr55 , 

I'm a member of the Corporate Security team here at Zoom. I'm currently working on your request and should have answers for you here soon. 

While I continue to drill down to the root cause, I can confirm there WAS NOT a data or privacy breach. 

We appreciate your patience and as soon as new info arises I will notify you. 

Thanks!!

Bitcoin_Shaman

Hello @tlr55 , 

I found the root cause to your request...

-After conducting some internal research, we discovered that someone with a different name applied to that job using that email address. Since that email address was on their resume, that was the communication vehicle used for all notifications. While this rarely happens, we fully understand how confusing it can be to receive these types of emails unsolicited. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we look forward to Zooming with you!!

Please 'Accept as a Solution' after you review my post and do not have any further inquires . If there are further questions please let me know. 

Thanks!!!

Hi, 

The email I received from Zoom has my first name correct. Are you saying this candidate has the same first name as mine, and listed the same email address as mine? 

Just by looking at the first name alone, there are only a handful people in LinkedIn with the same first name as mine. That, plus the same email address  suggests that this is not a coincidence. Did the candidate also had to submit social security number and other personal information too in the application?

Please help confirm. 

Thanks

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@tlr55 Thank you for the additional details and for taking the time to submit a ticket using the Zoom Trust Center last week. Zoom's Trust & Safety team will continue to research and will communicate any needed information using the email address provided on the original ticket. Thank you again for your patience!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

tlr55
Listener

And just to clarify my concern above, can you please explain how the candidate can have different name, but on Zoom's email to me, my first name was used?