cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasonable Accommodation request

ErinFrias
Listener

Hi All, 

This is regarding a reasonable accommodation for the automatic closed captioning feature you provide. We are able to save the full transcript at the end of the meeting, but if we forget to click the save button we lose it all. Is there a way to automatically save the transcripts like we are able to do with chat? Right now I am able to auto-save each chat to a folder on my computer when I log off. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ErinFrias 

If you Cloud record your meeting, and if you have "Save closed caption" enabled in your Cloud Record settings, your transcriptions should be saved to a VTT file in your Cloud recordings. At least I think so. I would want to test it to be sure.

View solution in original post

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Rupert is correct, that the cloud recording option will allow the captioning file to be saved automatically, but it does require you to start a cloud recording for the captions to be saved and only captions during the recording are saved. I am not aware of a way to automatically save captions, either locally or to the cloud without the need to record as well. 

I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rupert

Hi @ErinFrias 

If you Cloud record your meeting, and if you have "Save closed caption" enabled in your Cloud Record settings, your transcriptions should be saved to a VTT file in your Cloud recordings. At least I think so. I would want to test it to be sure.

It does save...but I have to remember to click the button to save it at the end of the meeting. My memory is very poor. I was looking for the ability to have it automatically save to cloud storage like the chat. 

Rupert

You should be able to set the transcriptions (captions) to auto-save as a VTT file, as part of the cloud recording.

Bort

@Rupert is correct, that the cloud recording option will allow the captioning file to be saved automatically, but it does require you to start a cloud recording for the captions to be saved and only captions during the recording are saved. I am not aware of a way to automatically save captions, either locally or to the cloud without the need to record as well. 

I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

So I proposed to my boss about starting a recording to enable the cc transcripts to save automatically. She said no. Unfortunately, we discuss confidential information and I just barely got approval for saving the transcripts. I hope Zoom realizes how difficult it is to have a disability that affects memory.  Auto-saving the transcripts, as I do with the chat, would be a feature that could help a lot of disabled users. Can you PLEASE find a way to make this happen? I think it is reasonable to ask for this accommodation, do you?  

Bort

I know Zoom is still working on making live transcription as accessible as possible, so there is certainly still room for suggestions along the way. Please submit your suggestion via the feedback form: https://zoom.us/feed

GaryMMorin
Listener

how is passively enabling a platform's auto captioning, which is neither accurate nor reliable, providing reasonable accommodations?  wouldn't effective communication require professionally generated real-time captioning?