cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really short zoom link

ColeK
Listener

I've just sent a zoom invitation to an important client for a meeting today.

BUT, unlike other zoom links that have always been generated (which are about 74 characters long) this one is only 37 characters in length). On the shorter URL, everything from (and including the ?pwd= are not showing up.

I did click the link to test it and the zoom window was activated so it looks okay, but his is a VERY important meeting and I want to make sure my client can join.

Is this something I should be worried about?

Thanks to all in advance for your advice.

Cole

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @ColeK –

The Passcode is encoded in the pwd parameter you mention. If the meeting does not have a Passcode – and instead relies on a Waiting Room for security – then the URL will not have the pwd encoding of the Passcode on it. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

sallyechowolf
Listener

Hi Ray,- I had the opposite event. I had a lovely short zoom link that included my meeting id, and suddenly it is long, including another set of numbers. Both the previous links and the current links open to my meeting but I would like to get back to my short id. I reviewed my settings and do not require a passcode and use my same meeting id for all of my meetings. Thank you in advance for your insights, as I have spent about 4 hours researching, trying different scenarios and cannot figure it out on my own 😞 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @sallyechowolf.

The scenario you described indicates to me that perhaps someone enabled a Passcode, copied the Join URL, and then later removed the Passcode. As long as you have disabled the Passcode (and enabled the Waiting Room), you can safely remove the part of the Join URL after the Meeting ID. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

sallyechowolf
Listener

Your superpowers are astounding - this is exactly what happened. I asked one of my colleagues to schedule a zoom and believe she did just that, then I changed the settings and removed the passcode. How can I switch it back to the short meeting ID with no URL after meeting ID so I don't have to remove it each time I schedule a meeting please? 

sallyechowolf
Listener

This is my first outreach to the Zoom community, so I am looking for where I mark "Accepted" -