cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Meeting Acceptances

rstil
Listener

I'm having a problem where I keep "accepting" recurring meetings over and over again without actually pressing "accept." I look in my sent mail folder and I find "you have accepted xyz meeting" nearly every day, even though I haven't received any meeting invites. These random acceptances have gone out hundreds of times. What can I do to stop it?

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @rstil! Thank you for your contribution! I apologize that you have not yet received a reply from the community as it has been a bit since you posted. Are you still running into this issue? Please let me know so we can get this all sorted for you. Thank you!

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I am still having this issue.

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @rstil

There is a possibility that if your exchange email address is listed as a Calendar Resource that the events could be auto-accepted on your behalf. Dependent upon what calendaring system you are using (Office 365, Exchange, Google, etc.) I would reach out to your Software admin for that calendaring system and ask them if the auto-accept configuration has been enabled for your email account. This would not be a Zoom issue, but we will surely assist you in getting this solved. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

The auto-accept configuration is not enabled.

YaBoiB

Hello @rstil

Auto-configuration is automatic when you integrate an exchange calendar as a calendar resource. Is your email address listed as a calendar resource? If you are not the exchange admin, I would reach out to the exchange admin and ask about this issue. This is not a Zoom issue, this is a calendar issue. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

I confirmed with my IT department that my calendar is not doing auto-accepts. This also doesn't happen with any meeting invitations from any program other than zoom. Zoom is the only online meeting invitations that results in this problem.