cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about virtual background video copyright, in a streamed & Youtube published meeting.

Cyr_I_Snow
Listener

Please forgive me if I am not very good with my words, I may be over thinking this, I just want to make sure I do not have any loose ends in a large project I am working on.  I have looked extensively through the zoom website to look for this information, but I cant seem to find anything relating to virtual background video copyright/licensing & rights.

I tried opening a ticket with zoom support to get some help, but the resources they directed me to only gave information on setting up streams and not virtual background video copyright stuff. 

I am trying to find specific information on using a virtual background video, provided by zoom, in a meeting that will be streamed on twitch and uploaded to youtube, the virtual background video is specifically the northern lights one. 

I need to know if the virtual background video is copywritten, how is it licensed? Do I need to pay attribution in form of a notification that this video belongs to zoom in my end credits scene? 

Considering the intended purposes of zoom can include broadcasting your video to streams and other services, is it just assumed that the virtual background video is being used as intended, without any obligation to the video's creator?  I assume the video is property of zoom.

Is the use of the virtual background video included in the license?

1 REPLY 1

Clifferton
Listener

The zoom terms of service has this statement. It probably does not completely address your concerns, but might point you in the right direction.

PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Zoom and/or its suppliers, as applicable, retain ownership of all proprietary rights in the Services and in all trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and domain names (“Zoom Marks”) associated or displayed with the Services. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Zoom Marks, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Zoom without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Zoom Marks without Zoom’s express written consent.