cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Zoom deploy using Intune (Endpoint Manager) via MSI

ARoman
Listener

Hello,

I am trying to deploy the latest version of Intune using the MSI I get from the Zoom admin portal and Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune).  I have followed the documentation as well as I can from this link - but I am still encountering what appears to be a command-line syntax error (0x80070667) as the package deploy result - which essentially seems to mean that I am using the wrong combination of MSI command line client configuration items in the packages setup.  (Without these Command-line arguments the package will deploy fine so I know it's just an error with how I have this formatted.)

This is what I have entered in Command-line arguments in Endpoint Manager for the app advertisement:

ZoomAutoUpdate="true" ZConfig="nogoogle=1;nofacebook=1;EnableSilentAutoUpdate=true;AutoStartAfterReboot=true” ZRecommend="AudioAutoAdjust=1"

My assumption is that I am using the list of features after Zconfig wrong, but when I tried breaking them out into separate discreet statements I had the same behavior so I am just not sure what I am doing wrong.  Any help anyone can provide would be VERY helpful.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah I did eventually - the actual installation command I used in the install package in MEM is:

msiexec /i "ZoomInstallerFull.MSI" /qn AU2_EnableAutoUpdate=”True” zSilentStart=1 Zconfig="AutoSSOLogin=1"

I ended up working with Zoom support on this - in my case the AutoUpdate parameter had apparently been changed and they hadn't updated their documentation to reflect this so you can see the use of AU2_EnableAutoUpdate="True" switch to accomodate that change, and then removing the part about 'nogoogle/nofacebook' with Zconfig since the use of our company's SSO supersedes that setting, so I used the Zconfig="AutoSSOLogin=1" switch to accomplish that.

The only good thing I learned by talking to support (which ended up taking over a month BTW) was that the behavior you get when executing msiexec via the command line is not necessarily representative of what behavior you will get when executing the install using Endpoint Manager, so you should try just adding parameters to your install package one at a time and then examining the result to see if there was success.  I didn't include it in the install line above but I used an additional switch when testing before final deploy to evaluate the results of the package's deployment:

/l*v "c:\windows\temp\ZoomInstallDetails.txt" - so I could review deployment details/errors.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MichaelMCC
Listener

Did you ever figure this out? I have a similar issue with my deployment.

Yeah I did eventually - the actual installation command I used in the install package in MEM is:

msiexec /i "ZoomInstallerFull.MSI" /qn AU2_EnableAutoUpdate=”True” zSilentStart=1 Zconfig="AutoSSOLogin=1"

I ended up working with Zoom support on this - in my case the AutoUpdate parameter had apparently been changed and they hadn't updated their documentation to reflect this so you can see the use of AU2_EnableAutoUpdate="True" switch to accomodate that change, and then removing the part about 'nogoogle/nofacebook' with Zconfig since the use of our company's SSO supersedes that setting, so I used the Zconfig="AutoSSOLogin=1" switch to accomplish that.

The only good thing I learned by talking to support (which ended up taking over a month BTW) was that the behavior you get when executing msiexec via the command line is not necessarily representative of what behavior you will get when executing the install using Endpoint Manager, so you should try just adding parameters to your install package one at a time and then examining the result to see if there was success.  I didn't include it in the install line above but I used an additional switch when testing before final deploy to evaluate the results of the package's deployment:

/l*v "c:\windows\temp\ZoomInstallDetails.txt" - so I could review deployment details/errors.

Hope that helps.

Ooops, one notable addition - I repackaged the app as a Windows app (Win32) rather than a Windows MSI line-of-business app - so that is how I gained the ability to send msiexec specific switches rather than just parameters to send to msiexec for the apps install

This was extremely helpful. Thank you! Win32 all the way.