cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing content for students to use in breakout rooms

greynen
Listener

Hello,

I have not found an easy way for students to access content in breakout rooms.  Many students connect on iPads and having multiple apps open slows them down, and sharing their screen sometimes crashes Zoom.  What's more, the younger students struggle to navigate sharing content.

My current workflow is:

1. display the prompt I want them to use in the breakout rooms

2. students take screenshots (with varying degrees of success across grades 2-5)

3. stop share and put students into breakout rooms

4. one student from each room shares their screenshot

5. students interact with each other using the screenshot of the prompt according to the instructions (supposedly)

I would like to be able to have a pre-made whiteboard automatically show up for students in their breakout rooms.  As it is I cannot do that, and I cannot even paste something onto a whiteboard.  It might also work for teachers to be able to share their screen into the breakout rooms - and allow each room to see ONLY their own annotations.  That would make it easy to update what is being seen in the breakout rooms.

Tools for teachers to make things for students to interact with in breakout rooms would be HUGE! 

1 REPLY 1

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @greynen 

You can Share Content into Breakout Rooms - but only all rooms at once with the same Content. But I think you know that already.

I do wonder whether Sharing separate content into each Breakout Room will come later as a feature, but I do not know for sure. I'm wondering if I heard/read it somewhere. 

Having that as sperate annotatable content may be a second layer though. Again - don't know - can only take an educated guess.

The challenge would come with how you (the Host/Teacher) would see all the Shared contents and be able to switch between those interactivities easily - from presumably one computer. Time will tell.

Really I have found the best way, so far, to interact and share content into multiple breakout rooms is to have multiple computers - one in each breakout room. These can be simple laptops for example. This solution also allows for easy separation of audio, and easy talk-back to each room without leaving your main session. It also gives you easy oversight of each room at an easy glance.

Rupert