cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing clients your Personal ID to contact anytime?

rdexter
Listener

i provided my personal ID to a client to "zoom me" anytime.  They used this once and I received an email that they were waiting for me to start the meeting.  Is there a way I can have my zoom window on , they can plug in the meeting ID and show up in my waiting room?  I can't seem to get this feature to work.  I am an .edu account and I believe they are basic (not business or edu) zoom user.  Is this the problem?  

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @rdexter 

If a user is running into the "Please wait for the host to start this meeting" message, that means you likely have Join before host disabled, which means the host must start the meeting before anyone else can join. 

If you have join before host disabled and Waiting Room enabled, then the participant should be able to bypass the "Please wait for the host to start this meeting" and be immediately in the Waiting Room, whether you are in the meeting or not yet. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.