cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems making changes from personal room to private

j24633
Listener

Hi, I'm scheduling Zoom calls for a CEO through Google Calendar. 

She doesn't want participants to wait in the waiting room; however, if a meeting goes over, the next call can't come in early. 

I can manually change the Zoom meetings already scheduled from her personal room to a private room; however, when I make the change in Zoom, the private room ID is not reflected in the calendar invitation. 

With meetings moving forward, how do I create a calendar invite with a private Zoom meeting? 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@j24633 you want to turn off 'Use PMI when scheduling a meeting' in the CEO's profile so that it generates a private id for each scheduled instance.  This is best practice, so I would recommend it for everyone!

colegs_0-1648217472890.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

colegs

@j24633 you want to turn off 'Use PMI when scheduling a meeting' in the CEO's profile so that it generates a private id for each scheduled instance.  This is best practice, so I would recommend it for everyone!

colegs_0-1648217472890.png

Okay - last question (maybe). For all of her already scheduled meetings, can I change them to private and not PMI or would we need to cancel and reschedule those? 

colegs

@j24633 unfortunately you will have to cancel and reschedule since the PMI meetings all have the same ID and passcode, so you would have to generate new meeting ids for them.

j24633
Listener

Thank you so much. Truly, thank you. 

One quick follow-up question, the passcode is embedded in the one-click join so she won't need to worry about ensuring participants have a passcode, correct? 

colegs

@j24633 correct.  As long as you keep on the setting to embed the passcode in the links, people will not need to be given the passcode separately.

colegs_0-1648219995769.png