cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems: Optimize video quality with de-noise

CarlD
Listener

I was having some very strange problems this week with my video where it would "glitch" for a number of seconds - some times as long as a minute. See attached sample. I spent many hours changing out my hardware, checking updates on video drivers, uninstalling apps, rebooting many times, and so on. That's the annoyance with intermittent problems.

In the end I found the problem: In the Zoom client, advanced video settings, I had "Optimize video quality with de-noise" turned on. I turned it off, and the problem went away.

Windows 10, Logitech C920 webcam, Zoom client 5.13.4 (11835)

7 REPLIES 7

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @CarlD, thank you so much for sharing this with the community!

The fix for the issue  you were experiencing will be implemented in the 5.13.5 version which will be released in the coming days. The workaround you have mentioned is the best option at the moment. 

Thank you for your patience and for your knowledge

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

EllieW
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

This happened to me today - both videos were flashing and my video was actually transposed onto my participant! It was like a disco going on! When will 5.13.5 be released? 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @EllieW, this release is now out. Please upgrade your client to the latest version. Thank you! https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrading-Zoom-to-the-latest-version

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

You guys rock! Thank you!

EllieW
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I have upgraded to new version yesterday - issues still happening today. Should I now go back and turn on ""Optimize video quality with de-noise"? Which is currently turned off

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @EllieW , what I can suggest now is that you uninstall the Zoom application from your device (removes the bad cache in app) and then reinstall the latest version of the Zoom application: Download Center

Please follow these steps to uninstall: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

Please let me know if you continue to experience issues after reinstalling. 

Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

EllieW
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Thanks CarlaA  .. Should I now go back and turn on ""Optimize video quality with de-noise"?