cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with speakers on Zoom (they work fine for general Windows)

FionaDarbyshire
Listener

I have been using external speakers and webcam for Zoom on my Windows 10 desktop with no problems, until yesterday when in the middle of a Zoom session all of a sudden I stopped getting sound through my speakers. When I try the "Test Speaker" function I can hear a *VERY* faint sound (almost inaudible) if the speakers are turned to maximum volume, but that is all - they are not usable in the current state. For other Windows 10 desktop applications (speaker tests, notifications, listening to media over web browser, etc.) the speakers are working as normal... except for Microsoft Teams where I am experiencing the same problem. I have tried rebooting my computer, uninstalling & reinstalling Zoom - no luck. As far as I can see the settings are all correct. I am running out of ideas; what might cause speakers to suddenly stop picking up Zoom sound? Any ideas gratefully received!

(Extra information: the speakers are connected to my computer via the green headphone jack. I do not have another set of speakers to try, but I have headphones with a USB connection and I can hear sound from Zoom through these.)

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5

andrekar
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello, welcome to the Zoom Community! If you are on Windows 10 and can't access the microphone, use the Windows search box to navigate to Microphone privacy settings. Switch on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle, and enable access for Zoom.

Follow these sections for more detailed instructions! 

I have no problems with my microphone; it is the speakers that have suddenly stopped transmitting sound.

Junior23
Listener

I have the same issue as well

sunuwi
Listener

same case, windows 10 no sound in zoom client. speakers and mic work well in other applications.

armand1
Listener

For a PC Windows 11, what external speaker is compatible with ZOOM? The Logitech speaker “USB2.0 Device” is not working with ZOOM.