cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview before sharing screen

radiodave
Listener

I use the "Advanced" screen sharing option "Portion of screen." I like showing just the relevant text, not the Word headers etc. But I can't find a way to preview that. I would like to be able to move the green box around to fit the text. But the only time I see the green box is when my screen share goes live. So I then have to move the box while everyone watches. 

In TV and video editing, there is usually a window showing what participants see during the live broadcast and a second "preview" window that shows what's up next. When I'm ready, I switch the preview to be the live feed. 

BTW, I have 4 monitors so I have lots of room and flexibility if there was such an option.

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

You are correct about there not being a preview every time you're ready to share a portion of the screen. What I do instead is while prepping for a meeting, I share a portion of the screen, get it sized and positioned... I do this prior to the arrival of other attendees or while the Waiting Room is on.

I do this prep because then each time I start a portion of screen share the green box pops-up in exactly the same position each time, just where I set it during prep. I also think about moving apps into the green box verses moving the green box to the apps. For me it makes way simpler.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen