cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent users from joining old meeting

sreerajp
Listener

How can I prevent users from joining to old meeting? The scenario is like this.

1. We have created a meeting for a particular day say 10 AM to 01 PM

2. Once the meeting schedule time is completed or the meeting ends the meeting will move to Previous meeting

3. Now if the meeting is not deleted, the users of the meeting or those who have the meeting ID and passcode can enter the meeting next day or any other day till the meeting is deleted.

Is there any way to prevent this? Ofcourse the meeting is open meeting so that any users with ID and passcode can join.

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @sreerajp , 

Besides deleting the meeting from the Previous Meetings tab, which will not affect your reports, you can edit the meeting and disable the Join before option, which will prevent the participants from being able to join. 

sreerajp
Listener

Actually what we are doing is will create a meeting for say today with the option join only 10 minutes before the meeting. After the meeting ends for today we won't delete the meeting as it will happen 300 days a year. So we will reuse the meeting. But what we found that some guys who attend the meeting will use the meeting for their purpose at other times. We want to prevent that. Any idea?

Bort

I'd suggest scheduling that meeting as a recurring meeting, so each session has a specific start date/time. Additionally, scheduling it with Join Before Host set to only 10 minutes before the start time should ensure that it can be started only once per day. If you are still having issues, I'd suggest enabling Waiting Room for that meeting, so that only the host can join first and then you can temporarily disable WR through in-meeting Security settings.