cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent main application window from opening?

coryfklein
Listener

Since I quit Zoom between meetings, every time I join a new meeting via clicking on a Zoom link in my calendar, this window pops up:

coryfklein_0-1633032094285.png

I do not use this window. I do not want this window to appear simply because I joined a meeting. I close this window every single time it opens.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this window from opening every time I join a meeting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I never said it was the entire application, just that it is part of the application that is opening the meeting you are joining. Some people only use Zoom for the meetings aspect, such as yourself, and don't need that window, while others use that window every day for Zoom Phone, Zoom Chat, and other features and controls. 

Point still stands that you cannot prevent that window from opening when you try to join a meeting from the web URL. If you would like to suggest a setting to prevent that from opening each time, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

Well, that is the Zoom meetings software, so there is no way to prevent that from opening when you join your meetings. You can connect instead through the web client, but that provides fewer in-meeting features compared to the full desktop client. 

coryfklein
Listener

Clearly that single window itself is not the Zoom meetings software, as closing it has absolutely zero impact on my ability to be in a Zoom meeting. The Zoom application itself remains open even after closing that window, it is simply a landing page for a few actions one might do with the Zoom application.

Bort

I never said it was the entire application, just that it is part of the application that is opening the meeting you are joining. Some people only use Zoom for the meetings aspect, such as yourself, and don't need that window, while others use that window every day for Zoom Phone, Zoom Chat, and other features and controls. 

Point still stands that you cannot prevent that window from opening when you try to join a meeting from the web URL. If you would like to suggest a setting to prevent that from opening each time, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team.

CB00
Listener

I came here to ask the same thing. The additional Zoom window is a nuisance--effectively nagware--and Zoom is trying to force themselves on users. GTFO my screen, Zoom.

OP, if you don't need to be signed into Zoom, just sign out and use Zoom meetings that way. Then you don't need to deal with the nuisance.